Giving privacy to your teen and her boyfriend? adult content

If you know your teen and her bf are already sexually active and practicing safe sex do you allow them privacy when they're at your house? Would you allow the bf to stay overnight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on May. 18, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Hell no, and hell no. How old is she? The only time I was allowed to have a boyfriend sleep over was when I was 19 years old and in college. I was home from Christmas break and my boyfriend came to visit, he had to sleep on the couch though.

I don't care if I know they are having sex and being safe about it, that is a boundary that would never be crossed in this house. Plus "protection" doesn't always work to prevent pregnancy. Trust me, I have the 17 month old to prove it.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:03 AM on May. 18, 2013

• No way!!!! they would have to find their own privacy....

Answer by older at 8:05 AM on May. 18, 2013

• OWE HELL NO! Not in my house! Just because I know they are already having sex. Doesn't mean I am going to condone it.   So not privacy in my house.

Answer by louise2 at 8:07 AM on May. 18, 2013

• No. My oldest is 12, but he's already developed a crush on a girl, and he already knows that he is NOT allowed to be alone with her. I'm friends with her mom, so we all get together and hang out and he knows that even at the park or the lake, I expect them within sight and not hiding under slides or in the trees or whatever. I don't think he fully understands why I expect that of them, I don't think the idea of having sex or even kissing has fully crossed his mind yet.

When he's older, if he's actually having sex, he's on his own finding the privacy for that. I would not be helping him with it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:10 AM on May. 18, 2013

• No
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:15 AM on May. 18, 2013

• Absolutely not!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:29 AM on May. 18, 2013

• No. My rules are no romantic partners get privacy in my home. My DD was active with her last BF, but not here, (and my instincts tell me it didn't happen often) and now that they are broken up, I'm glad that home is a place without certain memories....just a safe haven. What if one of them got an std or pregnant...if it were at my home I would feel quite bad. And my son knows that when he does have a girlfriend, that he will not be allowed to entertain her in his room. His answer..."Duh!". Of course we can't prevent them from finding privacy elsewhere, but like the previous poster, we can make it a little difficult for them.
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 8:32 AM on May. 18, 2013

• Hell no!! Won't help my daughters get knocked up at 16-17 just bc they say they are practicing safe sex doesn't mean it's actually goin on!! My girls are a long way from being teens (5&1) but I will never just let them have sex n my house!!!!!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:59 AM on May. 18, 2013

• No!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:31 AM on May. 18, 2013

• No. Protection is not 100% for pregnancies or std's. I would not allow them privacy to have sex when I don't believe they should be in the first place.

Answer by missanc at 9:46 AM on May. 18, 2013