Fresh fish

how often do you buy? what are you comfortable paying?

also what's your fave to buy fresh? my kids are on a huge salmon kick and omg it's a pricey habit

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 10:01 AM on May. 18, 2013 in Food & Drink

• We have fresh fish 2-3 times a month, but we rarely have any other type of animal protein. The kids LOVE fish salmon, tuna, halibut (which is 2-3 times the price of salmon.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:35 AM on May. 18, 2013

• Never. If we have truly fresh fish it's because we just caught it ourselves. I buy frozen (real, not minced breaded junk) sporadically, anywhere from once every 2 months to once a week.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 2:22 PM on May. 18, 2013

• lots of salmon here .Three of us adore it ,one had a stomach virus and had consumed fish earlier...the same fish we all ate and I fixed so it wasn't food poisoning...he no longer likes seafood and one has never ever liked seafood. Also tilapia ,sole.

This time of year there is a lot of salmon here and at least one of my three favorite stores seem to always have it on sale.I also buy extra as the season progresses ,double wrap ,then freezer zip it for later.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 5:19 PM on May. 18, 2013