Summer clothes?

What new stuff do they get each year, or do they still fit into last years things? I just went shopping and couldnt figure out how many shorts ds may need(8) lol You would think by now I would know...he has about 4 pairs from last year that are still good, so I bought him 4 more pairs. Just wondering how many most kids go through in a summer or use.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on May. 18, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• we do a bit of as we go. I buy new swimsuits and sandals for sure, and cute tops. i get my daughter 3-5 dresses and shorts to go under them and tops to coordinate with those. son seems to be growing more, just bought a stack of childrens place mid-priced stuff for him last week. tees and shorts and 1 new pair of cargos

if you dont do it in phases its too overwhelming and $$$$
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:07 AM on May. 18, 2013

• I start in about march and buy a few things each month. By June my boys have 5-6 pairs of shorts and 8-9 shirts, my girls have more (dresses, skorts, etc). But I buy a ton of stuff at the first of July when they start putting summer stuff on sale. I hold back a few things to start school with new. My kids generally can't wear things from year to year.

Answer by missanc at 10:19 AM on May. 18, 2013

• If my son can wear the clothes from last summer he will. I also will buy around 10 shorts, shirts sometimes they are a set and than always picking up something thruout the summer.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:21 AM on May. 18, 2013

• Gosh the granddaughters outgrow everything so fast! Luckily these days they really aren't that far apart in growth, so we can usually pass down the clothing. I've picked up shorts, t-shirts, etc...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:29 PM on May. 18, 2013

• I buy stuff when it is on sale and usually buy the next size up as well. DS has about 10 pairs of shorts at my house right now. I do need to go through them and get rid of the ones that are too short now.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:09 PM on May. 18, 2013

• Mine has enough to go about a week and a half. I replace things as I need to. Lately it's been pants with holes in them. It must be a five-year-old thing, seems every other day she's putting a hole in the knee of her pants.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:55 PM on May. 18, 2013