Fill in blank. my kid is a _____ snob (food edition)

my son 8 1/2 is a terribly cheese snob. he only wants the good stuff. imported or deli, we have NO idea how it happened

daughter (almost 7) is a pasta snob. She needs it perfectly textured not a second overdone

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 10:03 AM on May. 18, 2013 in Food & Drink

• My oldest DD (6) is a pasta fiend. In her opinion, there is no such thing as bad pasta & she would eat it daily if allowed too. But, she is a yogurt snob, she'll only eat the Yoplait brand.

My youngest DD (3) is a bagel snob. She loves bagels but, they have to be fresh and, preferably the blueberry kind.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:09 AM on May. 18, 2013

• My kids are snobs about a lot of different foods, especially now that I make a lot of things from scratch. The best compliment I have gotten from DD is to not buy our regular sandwich bread at the store because mine is so much better. Same with bagels, baguettes, butter, yogurt, pizza crust…

They are also serious cheese snobs. That comes from shopping and tasting with DH at the Whole Foods cheese counter.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:33 AM on May. 18, 2013

• I'm a bread and cheese snob.
    My daughter it's how her eggs are cooked, they have to be scrambled.

Momtoela

Answer by Momtoela at 10:48 AM on May. 18, 2013

• My boys pretty much eat anything you put in front of them.

I guess if I was going to pick something I'd say my boys are lunchmeat snobs, they prefer deli meat to the pre-packaged lunchmeats, but they'll eat anything seriously.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:09 AM on May. 18, 2013

• pepper snob - must be fresh ground, not pre-ground in a shaker (so are DH and I)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:31 PM on May. 18, 2013

• My son will eat anything. I don't think he has ever said he doesn't like a certain brand of anything. As long as it is in front of him he will eat it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:08 PM on May. 18, 2013

• Fish snob. She just wants sashimi.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:15 PM on May. 18, 2013

• My DD (2 1/2) is a veggie snob, as in she won't eat them. Or she will sometimes eat them at daycare, but never at home.
    She also seems to be a texture snob, she doesn't like mashed potatoes, or oatmeal, or anything of that sort.
    DS isn't really a snob, he eats pretty much everything.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:15 PM on May. 18, 2013

• I don't know if it's true snobbery because my daughter hasn't ventured much beyond Cheddar and Mozzarella, but someone at the church potluck tried to give her one of those white Kraft squares of sandwich cheese last week, and my daughter said, "Mom, that's not cheese." I asked her what she thought it was, and she said, "I don't know, but it's not cheese."
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:47 PM on May. 18, 2013

• Fill in blank. my kid is a Mac & cheese snob. I can NOT be boxed and he has JUST gotten to where you can use a noodle other than shells. :)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:51 PM on May. 18, 2013