For a girl turning 7, birthday budget?

total, cake and wrapping paper and treats for the classroom and all misc crap. What's the range?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 10:04 AM on May. 18, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Under $100
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:50 AM on May. 18, 2013

• I think it depends on the family budget; My budget changed from year to year, I just made sure that I could afford to spend the same amount on each child that year.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:59 AM on May. 18, 2013

• under $100 in my family. Under $75 if I can swing it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:28 PM on May. 18, 2013

• Totaly depends on what the kid is wanting/wishing for for their bday. I normaly get 6 or 7 things, only one big ish, the rest smaller
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 5:56 PM on May. 18, 2013

• I challenge you to find a way to keep it under $30. Kids are getting so spoiled these days. It should increase with age and good behavior but at 7 years old, they shouldn't get much. I say bake some cupcakes, no gifts for her classmates, just get her some art supplies or a small radio for her gift. You have to start them off small or they'll want something bigger and better every year.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 9:55 PM on May. 18, 2013

• hellokitty: isn't it a little strange to not bring cupcakes or something to class? it's sort of a big deal....
    hibbingmom

Comment by hibbingmom (original poster) at 11:16 AM on May. 26, 2013