Moving out your boyfriend house considered a breakup? adult content

When you move out of your boyfriend house isn't the next step breaking up after 7 months? I don't think a relationship can form once the girl moves out. I live 2 hours from him. Can a relationship work with me being gone out the house? Since he's so much older than me things were falling apart with this living together

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on May. 18, 2013 in Relationships

• Well you shouldn't move in with a guy just because he's your boyfriend for one. (You really need to learn how to live on your own before moving in with some guy just cause he asked you out.) Any relationship can work no matter the distance so long as BOTH parties are wiling to make it work and work on communicating with each other (Not just a text or phone call saying "Hey babe how was ur day".
    However in YOUR case since things were falling apart while you were LIVING with him they aren't going to get better now that you're gone. Chances are you lacked on the whole "Communication aspect" to begin with.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:04 PM on May. 18, 2013

• Oh and it has NOTHING to do with his age.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:05 PM on May. 18, 2013

• I'm thinking this is all backwards. At least, it would be for me. Isn't the correct order to find out if the relationship is going to "form" before taking any other steps? But I guess the answer to your question is yes.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:05 PM on May. 18, 2013

• I would think that's a breakup. IMO, after a couple lives together the next step is either marriage or breaking up.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:08 PM on May. 18, 2013

• Its time to move on.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:19 PM on May. 18, 2013

• If you can't deal with him as in living together. I guess it is a break up.

Answer by louise2 at 2:40 PM on May. 18, 2013

• It's a step on the way to a breakup if you want to ease the Band-Aid off slow. It might hurt less to just yank it off all at once.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:04 PM on May. 18, 2013

• Frankly, if you can't live together, the relationship is done for. Unless you were both looking for some kind of non-living together dating relationship that was never going to progress beyond that, the fact that you can't live together shows the relationship has no future.

I doubt that his age had much to do with it, unless the age difference is great enough that it was creating a parent-child type of dynamic between you. If that's the case, *maybe* counseling would help. But if it was his idea that you move out, I would guess he's probably looking at ending the relationship and is maybe trying to do it in the least dramatic, least painful way possible. Easing into it, so to speak.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:47 PM on May. 18, 2013

• I made the decision to move
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:19 PM on May. 18, 2013

• The moving out isn't so much the issue as the REASON for having moved out. If it was because you cannot live together, relationship over.

If there was a more practical reason involved, such as needing to be closer to a job, then the relationship can survive. Assuming there was one in the first place. If there wasn't a strong one in the first place, then you shouldn't have lived together ever.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:25 AM on May. 19, 2013