Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Has anyone has success changing their child's last name in a court of law?!

Without them being adopted?

Answer Question

Asked by lmsar at 2:19 PM on May. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

Level 12 (764 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • I took my maiden name back after my divorce and got my children's last name changed to my maiden name. I had to get my ex to sign off, agreeing to it. Technically, if he hadn't signed off, I could have still gone to court and argued for it, and possibly convinced a judge to grant it anyway, but the chances were much slimmer that way.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 3:39 PM on May. 18, 2013

  • need the father to sign name change

    Answer by fiatpax at 3:37 PM on May. 18, 2013

  • We are in the middle of doing this with 3 of our grandkids that we have legal custody of. It's a long process for us but we'll get it done. The mom's have signed off and since one dad is dead and the other in jail we're told it shouldn't take much longer. (I hope)

    Answer by baconbits at 1:26 PM on May. 20, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.