Stay at home mom in a rut with cleaning and cooking - husband not happy!

I am a stay at home mom with three children. I am having a hard time keeping up with all my responsibilities in the house. We don't have a dishwasher (live in a small row home), so dishes take forever. I have a hard time keeping up with the floors because of the kids and the dog. I try to cook each night, but feel like its the same thing - meat and veggie. I feel like my kids won't stop watching tv. My husband is on my case about the house. I feel tired and overwhelmed.

Please help!

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on May. 18, 2013 in Home & Garden

• How old are your kids?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:38 PM on May. 18, 2013

• My children are 7, almost 6 and 4. My two oldest have autism.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:42 PM on May. 18, 2013

• Did you breast feed one and not the others?
    Anonymous

• You need a break. Is there any way you can get some time to yourself? that would work wonders towards getting you back on track since you sound burned out.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:46 PM on May. 18, 2013

• WTH does breastfeeding have to do with this anon?
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:47 PM on May. 18, 2013

• When my DH ever has his nerve. Now or in the past. To tell me about house work. I tell him this. "You live here to, do it your self" If he really is being an ass about it. Stop cleaning completely. Show him what it would look like if you didn't clean at all.  Autistic kids can't learn to clean?

Answer by louise2 at 8:50 PM on May. 18, 2013

• If your husband isn't happy with the house have him pitch in and help out. There is no reason he can't do a share of the housework. I agree with libras that some time to yourself to destress and recharge would really help. Try organizing a schedule so you do different housework on set days. Enjoy the time with your kids and let your house go a little. It doesn't have to be perfect.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:51 PM on May. 18, 2013

You're an idiot.
    kmath

• 3libras - This is the original poster - Time to myself would help... just have to work on a sitter since husband can't handle the 3 kids by himself.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:52 PM on May. 18, 2013

• Where they all put in the rear facing positions in the car seat?
    Anonymous