Would you let your daughter move back into a woman beater house?

My daughter is 18 years old she moved back home the other day. She said her ex boyfriend was hitting her again and when she move out he tried apologizing and so much on...my daughter claims they are broken up but on her Facebook it still says she's in a relationship with him. She said they broken up he saying they are still together. Since my daughter is back home I haven't seen her this happy in a while especially her father because when she was staying with him we barely seen her. My daughter is in the army so she's very strong not to go back there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on May. 19, 2013 in Relationships

• At 18, there's really no "letting". But, being there for her, encouraging her to stay strong and that she deserves better, can go a long way.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:43 AM on May. 19, 2013

• Yea I'm doing that now it's working but her father talked to her and I thank GOD for the army because she's a strong woman
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:54 AM on May. 19, 2013

• Domestic violence is taken very seriously in the army. I hope she reported it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:10 PM on May. 19, 2013

• Letting/Alowing? She is 18. Not much you can do about it if she want to go. My 28 yo DD left her DH. I was happy cause he is not good. She went back to him. Told her she was making a mistake. She doesn't talk to me any more.

Answer by louise2 at 12:14 PM on May. 19, 2013

• Wonder if YOU can report it to the Army? Is there any proof of the abuse?

Answer by gdiamante at 12:51 PM on May. 19, 2013

• There is no letting/allowing at her age. She is technically a grown woman and can do what she wants. If she is as strong as you say she is, she will stay away from him on her own.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:25 PM on May. 19, 2013

• I would do everything within my power while still trying to not push so hard that I drive her away.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:29 PM on May. 19, 2013

• This is what you need to tell your daughter:
    If you are not being treated with love and respect, check your "Price Tag"! Perhaps you have marked yourself down. It’s YOU who tells people what you are worth by what you accept. Get off the "Clearance Rack" and get behind the glass where they keep all the VALUABLES! Bottom line is...VALUE yourself more!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:32 PM on May. 19, 2013

• Ya she had low self esteem with him now she seeing the difference she wasn't going anywhere she was under his control. I didn't raise her like that..she is also back in church but I told her if it wasn't working when you lived together its gonna get worser and she agreed. I am happy we live 2 hours away and the army trains you to deal with situations like this
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:55 PM on May. 19, 2013

• If I could control her choice that is one I would make sure she doesn't do. I hope she stays away from him.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:06 AM on May. 20, 2013