What is the difference

On a earlier questions many ladies stated that they have never opened a product before buyin it. That it was was so wrong to make the store take the loss. So my question now is have you ever returned a product. There are many product such as infant formula that the store can't restock even if has not been opened. The lady told me that they can't put it back on the shelf becuase some one could have punctured the can of something ever though there is no lead they still can't do it. So if you have ever returded somethin, chances are good that you have cost the store to take a loss there also. So are many of you just loaded and can take the loss out of your pocket for a product that doesn't work well for you or your child? I have seem many post on her where mothers have told other mothers to but formula ahead of time just and you can return it if it doesn not work our. So you are giving advice to cost the store money. Opinions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• i really wonder what store would take formula or anything like that back - like giving you your money back and not putting it back in the shelf. I dont know a single store who would do that.

I usually ask my friends if they would have a use for whatever i have left over. if not, then its my loss.

its not the stores fault that i bought too much of whatever.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

Walmart.... I have had to do it. I had similac bottles when my baby was born and she was put on the nutrigimen. They took them back no problem but the lady said that they still cant restock them.
    Anonymous

• In FL it is against the law to take returns on formula. I was refused with a receipt at Wal-Mart when my husband bought the wrong type and that is when I first learned of that. I thought they were just being jerks, but it happened another time at Walgreens.
    I agree that when you return something, the store takes a loss on it. I try to only return things that aren't opened, if I opened it and didn't like it I pass it on to someone else.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• It seems wrong not to be able to return them when you haven't even opened them, but it is a policy that goes beyond the stores that stipulate that they cannot be restocked. That means a store would take a loss if they returned a customer their money and didn't get reimbursed for what they are out. A retail store I worked at would not take formula back from one lady who was irate and the store manager tried to explain to her the various reasons why they are unable to put them back on the shelf for resale, such as being left in the vehicle in the sun too long, possible puncture with a syringe (for the powdered formula containers), etc. She threw such a tirade security had to ask her to leave. Management even gave her phone numbers to call to verify the validation of the information they gave her but she crumpled the paper and threw it at the store manager.
    It's just not possible to return it.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2009