Do you ever laugh at your children's SMALL mis-fortunes?

Like my 3 year old was outside a bit ago and she picked up a baseball, was happy to have found it, and the bottom half of it was covered in mud. Her happy face turned to DISGUST as she threw the ball and rubbed her hands together to get any mud remnants off of her. I was just laughing. It was so cute.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 12:59 PM on May. 19, 2013 in General Parenting

• Of course. To me, teaching them humor is a very important aspect. If they can laugh at themselves, they'll have no problems later on....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:01 PM on May. 19, 2013

• LOL, yep. Stuff like that is priceless and like M-avi said they have to learn to laugh at themselves.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:12 PM on May. 19, 2013

• I have a great one that happened today. It's probably wrong of me to have laughed so hard, but still........ So we were at the beach this morning and my 10 year old daughter has just been absolutely miserable and mouthy all morning. She's sitting on top of her boogie board yelling at me about something (and I am trying to have a peaceful day and read my book), when suddenly a big gust of wind comes up, picks up her brother's boogie board and it smacks her right in the face. I was rolling, she was so mad.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:29 PM on May. 19, 2013

• Sure do. Laughed my ass off when my daughter was 4 and walked into a glass wall at the sears tower. She wanted to let go of my hand and go out her own way.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:07 PM on May. 19, 2013

• For little things, yes I do tend to laugh at them. I don't like people that sit there and laugh when the kid is obviously hurt or frustrated to the point of tears.

I was laughing at my 18 month old yesterday because she wanted to help me bring in groceries. The other kids helped so put a couple of packs of cheese in a bag for her to carry. "Uh uh ma ma! I want biiiiiig bag." So I put the bag with the milk on the ground and watched her struggle with it for a minute, trying not to laugh. Finally, she looked up and said "Too biiiiiig ma ma!" so I handed her the bag with the cheese and she bebops into the house with the bag of cheese and brags to daddy that she's "helpin' ma ma!"

She is the youngest of three girls and she thinks she is just as big as the big girls. She can run just as fast, climb just as high, and do everything they can do.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 8:29 PM on May. 19, 2013

• Of course! I can't think of anything my own kids have done recently, but I still remember my parents & my BFF laughing & cheering when I tripped & fell on my face during my HS graduation! lol :p Bet they were wishing for a camcorder to record that special moment! :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:14 AM on May. 20, 2013