Second baby

I believe iam pregnant with my 2nd child i havent took a test yet but i know im pregnant i have all the symptoms my first child will be 3 in december im 24 and will be 25 in november do you think its to early for me to have a second child? im currently in school now i willbe in done in june and then i start again in august along with my 2 yr old.will it be hard for me to take care of both of them does life get harder with your second or the same as it was with your first im really scared and nervous that i will not beable to take care of both kids but i dont believe in abortions can someone help? NOTHING NEGATIVE PLEASE and wheni say is it to early for me to have a second child im going off my childs age..im grown

Nestysmommii12

Asked by Nestysmommii12 at 1:32 PM on May. 19, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Well, if you're already pregnant then it doesn't matter if it's "too early".
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:34 PM on May. 19, 2013

• Mine are 3 years, 1 week apart. For me, the second was a HUGE adjustment. Probably a bigger adjustment than having my first. Both of mine were planned though. Now that they are older, the age gap is about perfect for us.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:35 PM on May. 19, 2013

• It can get pretty hectic with two, but I was glad there was three years between my two. The first one was super cooperative and that helped me out hugely when my temper tantrum, strong willed, second baby was born!! GL!!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 1:47 PM on May. 19, 2013

• I was actually much more at ease with my second child. Mine are 2 1/2 years apart so my oldest wasn't quite so needy and was starting to enjoy his newly learned skills. He would help me a little (like bring me a diaper when I was changing my DD), but for the most part he just thought she was fun to watch. It takes longer to get out of the house and it adds to other workloads (laundry, cleaning, feeding, etc) but those are all fairly easy adjustments.

Congrats.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:48 PM on May. 19, 2013

• All things that should have been considered BEFORE pregnancy....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:49 PM on May. 19, 2013

• If you don't believe in abortion then it is way too late for second thoughts. Good luck.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:59 PM on May. 19, 2013

• do you think its to early for me to have a second child?

As in age gap between children or based on your age? Frankly it's personal preference. My kids were 2 years 2 weeks apart exactly and I was 23 when I had my second.
    Will it be hard to take care of both of them? Depends on how you handle change. Obviously there will have to be some adjustment as to how it is now looking after 1 kid to looking after 2. Add in a full course load of school and it might become more stressful than you anticipated. It all really comes down to how at ease you are with changes and potential stress.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:01 PM on May. 19, 2013

• I have twins and 19 months later I had my third. For me having three was the same as having two. My youngest dd was older acting for her age and the twins seemed younger for their age. My youngest dd was entertained my the twins so I felt it made things easier for me. I've always felt that my son was all the work.

It really depends on the baby. Their personalities and needs can be so different.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:43 PM on May. 19, 2013