What is the deal with this recurring dream?

This is the 2nd time I've had a dream like this.
I had a dream last night that my bf and I were sitting in a restaurant talking and I told him that our wedding was the following week and we had nothing planned. Then a friend of his walked up to us and handed him the program for the wedding. My bf looked at me and said "What do you mean? It's all planned out." I grabbed the program from him and read the list of who was in the wedding. His sister was my maid of honor and I freaked out. I told him that MY sister was going to be my maid of honor. Then I told him I didn't have a dress and his friend said that was taken care of as well. They showed me this hideous pink dress that took 3 people to help put it on me. The next thing I knew, it was the day of my wedding and after helping me get the dress 1/2 way on, everyone left. So, I'm standing there half in an ugly dress when I decided to just grab a dress from my house. After changing into that, I was running back to the church and told this little kid dressed in a tux to tell the groom that the bride was still getting ready. I finally got my hair and makeup done and went into the part where our friends and family were. And there were no flowers. Then I woke up.

The 1st dream like this, his MOTHER was planning our wedding. The strange part is that even though he hasn't officially asked me to marry him, we've already started planning out our wedding.

What is the deal with these dreams?

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 3:33 PM on May. 19, 2013 in Relationships

• Do you feel out of control? I don't know that the details matter as much as the overall sense that someone else is taking over.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:01 PM on May. 26, 2013

• You are worrying that you will have no control of your future when you marry him & his family is very domineering. Be careful since when you marry someone you are marrying their family too.GL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:38 PM on May. 19, 2013

• Control issues.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:26 PM on May. 19, 2013

• There are underlying issues or fears in regards to how you see his family and how you feel about wedding ceremony.

I say screw the stress and If and when your S/O asks you just head on down to the court house and call it good.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:54 PM on May. 19, 2013

• That's one hell of a dream. I can't ever recall my dreams that vividly.

Sounds like stress to me.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:39 PM on May. 19, 2013

• I usually recall my dreams vividly. What really freaks me out is when my dreams start to play out in real life and I can tell exactly what is going to happen next.
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 3:49 PM on May. 19, 2013

• Let's back up. Stop planing the wedding. Tell he asks you to marry you. Unless the planing is the asking.

The dream is you are stressing the wedding will not go the way you want it.

Answer by louise2 at 6:36 PM on May. 19, 2013

• You're freaked out about the wedding.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:57 PM on May. 19, 2013

• More specifically, you're freaked out about marrying him. Possibly because of his family. Possibly because you're not really ready for that step. Do I recall that you're moving in with him soon? Perhaps that's the step your mind is warning against?

Answer by gdiamante at 7:52 PM on May. 19, 2013

• I am moving in with him in about a year. Then we are going to be saving up for our wedding. I do have control issues and think anyone would after being married to a control freak for 12 yrs. I am freaked out about the wedding. I want to have a semi-fancy wedding with a long white dress, beautiful flowers and my dad walking me down the aisle. I missed out on all of that with my 1st wedding. But I'm wondering if I deserve to have the wedding of my dreams considering it will be my 2nd wedding.

Thank you for all the insight.
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 7:58 PM on May. 19, 2013