I'M FREAKING OUT

I'm pretty sure I just failed my Algebra class and I am freaking out. My current grade is 82.37, my final is worth 200 points and I scored a 48.33 (Yes I know I'm dumb) do you think this will have caused me to fail the class overall?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on May. 19, 2013 in

• Also most campuses have tutoring labs available to students. (Not sure if you were aware or utilizing them).
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:48 PM on May. 19, 2013

• I'm finding it funny that she can't average out her grade. LOL
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:34 PM on May. 19, 2013

Well it would explain why she failed Algebra if she can't do basic division.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:35 PM on May. 19, 2013

• Have you ever gone to have yourself tested to see if there is an underlying issue to your inability to grasp math? Or talked to the disabilities office at your school to determine if there is anything they can do to help in regards to testing such as if you get test anxiety etc.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:43 PM on May. 19, 2013

• Possibly. It depends how many points were offered in the class overall. How were they weighted, what percentage of the grade is from the final. Odds are however that YES it is likely that you failed the class overall. (Or got a D depending on the grading scale)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:24 PM on May. 19, 2013

• OMG PGA.... you are on fire today.... Love it!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:14 PM on May. 19, 2013

• It's apparently my pattern. I am so awful at every single math class I have ever taken that I have had to do them all twice. In high school to graduate we had to take the math proficiency test and I took it 3 times before passing. So yeah it is Sad that I can't even average out my grade. When I see math problems it all becomes a foreign language to me. It never makes sense even 2 seconds after learning it, even with pages of notes in my hand, even with help, it does not ever make sense to me. I hope my children are better at it than I am because those poor kids wont be getting any help from me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:40 PM on May. 19, 2013

• I think I have test anxieties, because my homework that I can work on all week long I get decent grades in, but I have failed all but one quiz in this class.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:48 PM on May. 19, 2013

• I think I have test anxieties,

Talk to the testing center office or the disability office and they can help you with your situation such as giving you extra time to complete tests or even put you in a room by yourself, etc. Chances are you will need to repeat this class but you will likely have an opportunity to have it removed from your transcripts in light of what is discovered with your issues.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:50 PM on May. 19, 2013