What type of homemade items would you hope to find at a small auction?

My fathers side of the family has an auction at the family reunion and some holidays to raise money toward the expense of the event.

I made a baby rag quilt 2 or 3 yrs ago and a lot of people bid on it so I'll make another one for this year. Someone makes wooden vehicles that have a ton of moveable parts on them and they go for $100+ dollars. There's usually some kind of tools for the men to bid on. Homemade wooden garden ornaments, benches or bird and squirrel feeders are usually popular. Homemade items seem to sell better.

Is there anything specific you would hope to find or make for something like this? Are there any items that you know of that sell well at any small auctions you've been to?

ThatBoysMom

Asked by ThatBoysMom at 5:55 PM on May. 19, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Home made jams, jellies, or other edibles are always OK in my book!! Maybe you could put a whole basket together with various jams and action that off.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:00 PM on May. 19, 2013

• I love rag quilts. How about rag quilt diaper bags, burp cloths, knit scarves & mittens.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:10 PM on May. 19, 2013

• I also love to see the home made bath products. soaps, bath salts, ect...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:31 PM on May. 19, 2013

• Good idea. Peanut butter fudge usually sells for quite a bit. I was thinking of doing a Spearmint salt scrub and lotion set.
    ThatBoysMom

Comment by ThatBoysMom (original poster) at 6:03 PM on May. 19, 2013

• I love homemade soaps laundry detergents
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:35 PM on May. 19, 2013

• Great because I was just looking at Lemon soap. I'm thinking of doing a homemade bath & beauty basket. I have til the end of July to get everything ready.
    ThatBoysMom

Comment by ThatBoysMom (original poster) at 6:40 PM on May. 19, 2013