Making baby food

Name all the foods that you have made for you infant. I am beginning to make food for my 5 month old and I am wanting to know what kind of foods I can make for him. I have done apples and carrots and I am about to do pears also

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 3:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Apples, bananas, pears, avocado, mango, peaches, plum, prunes, nectarine, pineapple, cantelope, watermelon (seedless), carrot, broccoli, green beans, sweet potato, turnip, eggplant, parsnips, butternut squash, acorn squash, pumpkin. Once you've introduced a lot of fruits and veggies, you can start adding spices to them. Cinnamon and apples. Nutmeg and Pear. Basil and Sweet Potato, etc. A little hint - make each batch slightly thicker then lumpier than the last. Your baby will be on finger foods before you know it!

ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Check out www.wholesomebabyfood.com for TONS of recipes. I gave up making baby food after about a month though. Watching my electric bill go up and up and up from hours of stove and oven use from baking and steaming just didn't make sense to me.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 3:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i made every veggie and fruit you can think of :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• oh, a lot of veggies & fruit all listed above so I won't repeat. If you need some ideas check out the cuisinart website. They have a number of recipes

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 17, 2009