Small buiness question

For the last few years I have been wanting to open a maternity boutique. I live about 45 mins from the beach which is our states main tourist attraction and well as our tax free shopping. Previously I had thought I would do a nice little mid-scale boutique, but just watched a show about a resale shop (not consignment) and am now considering do that instead. How do you feel about resale shops or boutiques? Have you sold things there? How was your experience? Are there resale shops in your area? How have they done?

LadybugTash

Asked by LadybugTash at 9:45 PM on May. 19, 2013 in Shopping

• In my town, we have had some come and go and others that have been around for a long time. I have noticed that the ones that have been around for awhile, know what brands, styles, and sizes are most needed. They are very picky about the clothes that they do buy. They have enough inventory to please the customers, but not too much where it takes up too much room and you can't walk around.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:03 PM on May. 19, 2013

• I think it's an awesome idea. There can never be too many of those types of shops.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:59 PM on May. 19, 2013

• I personally don't like resale shops but a lot of people do.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:39 PM on May. 19, 2013