Does someone know of a website that creates a dinner menu for the month and gives you the shopping list along with it?

I think I have heard of something like this, unless I am just dreaming lol. Also, it has to be free. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• OK - I'm in the dream with you.

Please be true, please be true, please be true.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Oh, I would LOVE to find that as well! I am terrible at meal planning.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 3:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• lol! maybe I did dream it up! I could've sworn I heard about this. I am so ready to get my life in order, that includes knowing what I am going to make and having all the necessary ingredients. Well if there isn't a website, maybe we should start one up, or at least a group or something, don't you think?
    Anonymous

• There used to also be a site that was interesting: you typed in your ingredients or what you have on hand and it gave you a recipe to use. Wish I could find that one again.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 4:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• http://www.savingdinner.com/

I found that. It's not free though :(
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 4:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• There is a group here that does that very thing...its a crock pot one I believe
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• That would be a fabulous website...I use allrecipes.com a lot and try to plan a menu week-by-week. Its a lot of work, but I do find that it saves $ when grocery shopping...and it helps to have a plan. I have seen it in a magazine- I think it was All You. Its a pretty inexpensive magazine, like $1.99 I think. However, if I recall the recipes weren't all things that I personally would make as we tend to eat really clean and healthy. Another suggestion is to have a general plan for how you eat - 1 night fish, 1 chicken, 1 ground beef, 1 pasta night, etc...then create your menu around that...search the recipe sites and save the ones you want to try.
    romanojm

Answer by romanojm at 5:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Ok...I looked and found this link:
    http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple/package/0,21861,1626111-1179919,00.html
    shows six websites that seem to do this, but none of them are free unfortunately.
    romanojm

Answer by romanojm at 8:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• While Taste of Home doesn't make a menu you can pick recipes and have it make a shopping list for you. You do have to make a free account though. If you find one that makes a menu that is free let me know.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• eversave.com, recipe4living
    Anonymous