Epic Fail-Papa John's

Epic FAIL tonight Papa John's. I ordered my food, online at 6:00pm. The email confirmation told me that my food (Sounders FC special) would arrive in 35-45 minutes. At 7:00pm we still didn't have our food.

Called the local store to find out that they CLAIM our address was wrong and there was only a partial phone number so the driver 1) couldn't find our location, 2) driver did not have a cell phone so could not call, and 3) they only had a partial phone number.

Pulled up our SAVED information on the online ordering site, and everything was accurate.

The store refused to admit their error or make reparations for their mistake.

Called online tech support/customer service and they said everything was working fine from their end.

7:30pm heard a soft knock on the door. FINALLY, the driver! Unfortunately, even more mistakes. The email confirmation, with taxes, tips and fees showed a $45.00 bill. The receipt the driver handed us to sign showed a total due of $63.23. Driver demanded that we either sign the incorrect amount or not get our food.

I even posted this on their facebook page, as well as complaining via feedback. They actually replied to me ON facebook. It was a generic "I'm so sorry for the inconvenience" reply, but I wasn't ignored. Now to see if anything actually happens because of it all.

Whatever the outcome, we are NOT ordering from Papa John's again for a VERY long time.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 11:05 PM on May. 19, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I hope like hell you get your money back because that is absolute crap!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:08 PM on May. 19, 2013

• "we apologize for the issues with your order tonight and see you've submitted a complaint on our feedback form. We've forwarded your complaint up to your local store's upper management so they can work to resolve the issue and get you a call back. Thanks for providing us with your feedback and have a great week."

It doesn't seem like a generic response to me and it was on the General corporate site. So as far as what they (corporate) can do from there end it isn't much AT THIS POINT (IE they can't refund your money or deliver the correct pizza to you from their location). It is going to be vetted through the local chain first with the store chain you ordered from and likely with an e-mail being sent to the district manager as well. In either case it is going to be looked into.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:13 PM on May. 19, 2013

• Just as a comparison, if you go to the Pizza hut page on facebook and read the comments from customers you'll see that there is typically an hour delay before corporate gets back to anyone IF they get back to them at all.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:23 PM on May. 19, 2013

• We had a papa johns here for about 18 months and they went out of business. And that had to be pretty bad because they were the only place in the area that had delivery!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:26 PM on May. 19, 2013

• That sucks. I hope you get it all figured out. I have ordered from them online and have never had a problem, but I pick it up instead of having them deliver. Ends up taking half the time I would be waiting for delivery.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:04 AM on May. 20, 2013

• I love papa Johns and have never had a problem with them. Your story is awful! I bet you anything you will get some free pizza from corporate and that store is now under their watch.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:00 AM on May. 20, 2013

• We ordered from Papa John's ONCE, when they first came to town. My dad wanted to try their pizza. This was more than a decade ago and I no longer remember what was wrong with the pizza but I do remember my dad calling them and having them send a replacement pizza for the first one, and the replacement was still no good. We never ordered from them again, ever.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:52 AM on May. 20, 2013

• We had the same problem with one branch of Domino's when we were visiting a friend's house, but the one we usually order from is great. The one that botched up our order never called us to keep us updated and after an hour waiting, we finally left our friend's place and on the way out, the pizza finally shows up. We thought they forgot about our order and closed the store for the night. I suggest you call a different branch or place a carryout order at a different one. We've never had a problem with Papa Johns but Domino's service just seems better and faster. My husband is picky and they added crushed red pepper once and he complained and they sent him another free replacement within 10 mins.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 3:10 AM on May. 20, 2013

• Poor management there. I can't do PJ pizza anymore, but it is more personal reasons than anything else. I took great pains to be sure that anything I made was at or above PJ standards, I was an excellent driver (rarely was late or lost, and took responsibility when that did happen!)

And, I can say that I do NOT miss that place, at ALL!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:14 AM on May. 20, 2013

• I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Our papa johns is excellent - the only place I will order from! Hoping you get some resolution.

Answer by missanc at 5:49 AM on May. 20, 2013