Joint pain and tetanus shots.

I had a tetanus shot on Tuesday and while my arm was sore for a few days it wasn't ever really bad. A couple days after I started feeling some pain in my forearm and wrist. I have read that sometimes you can get joint pain after a dtap shot. It comes and goes. It's the right wrist. Today it's just the wrist, not the forearm.

Have you had joint pain with vaccinations and if so, how long did it last?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 12:07 AM on May. 20, 2013 in Health

• I haven't had joint paint from a tetanus shot but I have had localized pain in the area of the shot. It lasted for about a week if I remember correctly. I would suggest using warm compresses on the arm to help it heal. Microwave a damp wash cloth for about 45 seconds and apply to the arm. For general joint pain, I also found that switching to an alkaline diet helps a lot. Use vinegar and lemons in foods, eat leafy vegetables and more seafood than other types of meat. Definitely less beef means less inflammation (my mom has mentioned this with her rheumatoid arthritis and now that I might have it, I also notice the same).

http://www.edgarcayce.org/are/holistic_health/data/thdiet3.html

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:40 AM on May. 20, 2013

• They may have hit a nerve. Should eventually go away.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:24 AM on May. 20, 2013

• I've had localized pain from a flu shot that lasted about ten days.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:25 AM on May. 26, 2013

• Thanks. With as much as it bothered me yesterday, heat did not seem to sound like it would feel good. Cold on the other hand might have felt good (it was really warm here yesterday). I just didn't take the time to put anything on it. It seems to be a lot better today, but I'm not expecting that to last. It's not there all the time, just one day here, a couple days gone and then it's back again. I suppose it's possible I am sleeping on it wrong or something.

Thanks for the food suggestions. I will keep that in mind. I've been getting a little more interested in cooking fish. I don't know why it intimidates me. I guess possibly because if it doesn't go right, then it's potential to go very wrong is higher than other proteins (you can do almost anything with chicken and the worst that will happen is it will dry out).

QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 9:06 AM on May. 20, 2013