Is there a difference between the water from the kitchen sink and the water from the bathroom sink?

Just the ponderings that wander around in my head. I wont drink the water in the bathroom. Then started wondering is it really any different?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 12:49 AM on May. 20, 2013 in Home & Garden

• No it is not different, unless the water in the kitchen is filtered, the same water goes in the shower and the toilet
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:57 AM on May. 20, 2013

• Nope
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:02 AM on May. 20, 2013

• So no magic food grade piping is installed in the kitchen to make it better either?
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 1:04 AM on May. 20, 2013

• Nope. But I remember as a little kid telling my mom "only kitchen water" when I'd wake up asking for a drink at night.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:11 AM on May. 20, 2013

• No except for how clean each faucet is. Scrub the faucet openings often because gunk collects on them. I don't drink water straight from the tap because it always gives me a sore throat for some reason. I use a Brita filter pitcher and it makes the water taste great.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:33 AM on May. 20, 2013

• No - it's exactly the same. OTOH, there's a big difference between drinking from the hot tap and the cold tap
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:20 AM on May. 20, 2013

• Technically yes. The bathroom faucet(s) are used considerably less,so if you have old iron pipes in the house,the bathroom water can be higher in mineral content,hence the 'sweet" taste to the water

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:32 AM on May. 20, 2013

• Highly doubtful since it all comes from the same source. But to a young child, the best water is the one that requires the most effort for mommy to get to in the middle of the night! lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:21 AM on May. 20, 2013

• No difference. Same water, Even in the toilet. I wouldn't recommend drinking from the toilet though.  Now in some areas the water on the outside faucets are different.

Answer by louise2 at 9:12 AM on May. 20, 2013

• I've always drank water from the bathroom faucet! That's where I keep my handy little bathroom cup dispenser.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:16 AM on May. 20, 2013