When to worry about a bruise?

I noticed this rather large bruise on the back of my leg a few days ago. First it was dark purple and now it has started to fade a bit but has weird streaks through it like a cat clawed me. Is this normal or should I call my dr? Oh and if it matters I got a hep b shot last week for work. Idk if that may have caused it or not

prego_jessi

Asked by prego_jessi at 2:33 AM on May. 20, 2013 in Health

• Is it hurting?
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 2:35 AM on May. 20, 2013

• No pain to it, just a little if I press on it
    prego_jessi

Comment by prego_jessi (original poster) at 2:40 AM on May. 20, 2013

• Just to be on the safe side I would call your doctor and ask them about it :) but I hope it's nothing real serious
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 2:45 AM on May. 20, 2013

• Yes, go to the doctor, the streaks may indicate an infection. Have you had any fevers or such?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:06 AM on May. 20, 2013

• Sounds like a spider bite. They can last a while. You should see a doctor and make sure it wasn't a poisonous bite of some kind. In the meantime, use warm compresses on the bruise. Dampen a washcloth and microwave it for about 45 seconds so that it's warm but not scalding hot. Place it on the bruise and allow the warmth to seep through. Continue this for about an hour. Drink lots of water to flush out the blood waste.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 3:38 AM on May. 20, 2013

• The streaks are what make me nervous. I'd get seen.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:06 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Hopefully you got the bruise checked and everything is okay. The streaks are worrisome for me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:23 AM on May. 26, 2013