Share your bad retail/restaurant service stories

We went to our local pizza place and ordered our usual deal,a large pepperoni with extra cheese,and 2 orders of breadsticks. The woman tell us that the sticks aren't ready yet,it'll be a few minutes. Fine,we get our drinks and sit down. 10 minutes pass,and no sticks. My husband goes to the counter,and they say we already got them. Ummm,no. She hands him 2 cups of them,they're dried up. WTH?? he hands them back and tells her he'll wait for a new batch(wasn't that what we were suppose to be waiting for??) He sits back down.10 more minutes pass,no pizza,no sticks. He begrudgingly goes back up to the counter,asks about the food,is given fresh sticks,but the girl informs him they "forgot" to put the pizza order in. She'll get right on it. SIGH....We eat our sticks. 20 minutes later,the girl comes to the table with a pizza. It's not the right kind. It was sausage,mushroom,and black olive. Again..WTH?? She gives us attitude,are we SURE this is not right? Umm,yeah. We gave up. my husband just told them to refund our money. We had already been there about an hour,we're not waiting any longer. They gave us a card for a free medium pizza(cheese only lol) We ate somewhere else.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 7:51 AM on May. 20, 2013 in Just for Fun

• My favorite mix up was when I ordered the chicken noodle soup at a restaurant (chain!) and the waitress brought it out. Without even looking at it I took a bite!GAG it was noodles & water with a little salt & pepper no chicken, celery or anything. As I sat there waiting for the waitress to come back the manager is going around looking at all the tables and stopping to talk to certain ones. When he got to us we found out that they had a new cook and that's how the cooks MOM made chicken noodle soup! We got 1/2 off the entire meal & of course no charge for the soup?? and they were all really nice about it and tried to make it right.. Can't fault the waitress for that.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:29 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Today you should call the manager of the pizza establishment. Sounds like he's got employees that would rather play around than take their jobs seriously!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:13 AM on May. 20, 2013

• Looks like someone is trying hard to earn their place in a bitch group..that or they got kicked out and now want "payback" but don't remember anyone in the group. (Here's a hint they don't come to answers often)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:52 AM on May. 20, 2013

• It's been a while since we've received poor customer service on anything. Then again we don't go out often. I think the LAST thing was we ordered 1 pineapple and 1 pepperoni pizza and ended up getting 2 pepperoni. I simply called up the store and they sent a pineapple one out as soon as possible.(Free of charge) So they fixed it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:54 AM on May. 20, 2013

• Maybe anon is just crabby &/or jealous b/c her own man wouldn't do what yours did. Wonder what other areas he's lacking! :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:56 AM on May. 20, 2013

• That sucks! I'd be upset too. Esp. if you had hungry kids w/ you. We don't eat out very much, & when we do, service has been pretty good. The thing that most recently upset me was trying to work thru a refi w/ our current mortgage lender. I already hate big banks b/c of all the crap they caused w/ the housing market, getting interest free loans of tax payer money, yadda, yadda yadda. Well, I tried to negotiate our new rate down to under 3%, but was told "NO" b/c of the drop in our property value. Well geewhiz Opie, who do you think caused THAT to happen?! Ugh!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:19 AM on May. 20, 2013

• I call BS. Your making this up. No way any place would do that. No way men go up there twice. Old sticks....black olives....BS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on May. 20, 2013

• Oh shut up anon

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 10:43 AM on May. 20, 2013

• Oh,and it's "you're"

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 10:44 AM on May. 20, 2013

• laughing

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 11:13 AM on May. 20, 2013