Tis the season to go broke! :p

We have a wedding, a 1st B-day & 3 graduations coming up in the next month. My bank acct. will be screaming in pain! lol :p

Do you have the same issues to deal with? How do you save or do you have other creative ways to get thru it?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:18 AM on May. 20, 2013 in Just for Fun

• When we have events like this my brothers and I will put money together and give one gift from the whole family.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:34 AM on May. 20, 2013

• graduations and the birthday shouldn't be too bad, and depending on who's wedding -same thing.

When my daughter graduated, we went to dinner... are you putting on the birthday party, or just getting a gift? 1 yr olds are probably more interested in big boxes than fancy gifts ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:53 AM on May. 20, 2013

• Yes. I have three kid birthdays to buy for (not in my household), one of my kid's birthday to plan for, two weddings and two baby showers to buy for. I have taken care of one shower, two kid gifts. I still need to get one kid gift, something for my DD's birthday, two wedding gift cards and at least one gift card for the baby shower, although I have already put a lot together for one of them. I can't keep any of them straight.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:11 AM on May. 20, 2013

• I guess not living around any family can have a financial benefit.... But, we're getting ready to buy a new/used truck (Semi), and that's going to be around $70,000, and that's with a trade in of our old truck. That's also not including some modifications that will have to be done before he takes it on the road.... But as long as we stay broke the government won't want as much out of us... After this year we're going to get as much write off as we can...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:39 AM on May. 20, 2013

• Well, my SIL just graduated from college/nursing school and it was my DD's 1st birthday all in the same weekend. Thankfully, hers is the only birthday at this time of year. Beside a few, most of our family/friends birthdays fall between June and December, and more heavily concentrated between Oct and December.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:55 AM on May. 20, 2013

• yep, starting next month. my niece's bday is in june, dd's is in july, other niece is in july, ds's in august, nephew in august, sister in law September, nephew in October, niece in November then christmas
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:40 AM on May. 20, 2013

• I have three children with birthdays in the same month. My daughters are 4 days apart and my son's birthday is at the end of the month. Plus Father's Day is in the middle. Then my husband's bday is the month after and mine is the month after that. No it was not planned that way. I seriously think I am only fertile once a year.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:49 AM on May. 20, 2013

• Similar, not quite the same. I have my niece and nephew for 2 weeks over summer and enroll them in swim classes locally with my 2 kids. Then there is a wedding for my BIL that the kids are flower girls for. I have school ALL summer long to boot which means book fees and tuition. 2 birthday parties (minimum there will likely be more).
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:50 AM on May. 20, 2013

• September is always the crazy month for me. I have 3 kids birthdays plus my brothers and Halloween is the next month. I tend to buy stuff starting in July or August so I don't have to get everything at once.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:23 AM on May. 20, 2013

• Every October is a drain on the bank, there are a Lot of bdays in Oct.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:29 AM on May. 20, 2013