How can I dry out my sofa cushion?

My two year old decided to tip out his entire bottle of juice onto the sofa cushion (the seat part). I've managed to remove the cover and rinse it with water and its now drying outside. But the big cushion itself is still soaking! Its also outside drying but the liquid inside just seems to be moving to whatever side its leaning on. I've just tried blotting it dry with a towel but I don't think its made any difference! A dry cleaners is a last resort as there are none close by! Thanks!

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 10:17 AM on May. 20, 2013 in Home & Garden

• You blotted it with a towel. If you haven't yet, fold a towel and set the cushion on it, and another folded towel on top, and stand and walk and jump on this to squeeze out more moisture.

Answer by Bmat at 10:41 AM on May. 20, 2013

• It just takes a lot of time. Let it rest on the side you want the juice to run out of and leave it. Could take a couple of days but bring it in overnight.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 10:21 AM on May. 20, 2013

• i'm doing that right now too. i folded it and bounced on it a couple of times (a towel between my knees and the cushion). but it's going to take all night to dry.
    i scrub the cushions almost once a month because of the family allergies. and spring and fall are the worst times when i do it.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 3:48 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Mine is still damp on one side :( hoping for some glorious sunshine tomorrow to try throwing it outside again!
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 4:54 PM on May. 20, 2013