What's your daily routine? How do you keep your kids entertained all day?

I have a 3yr old, a 19 mo. old and a newborn. We don't get out to much so we often get bored and lay around the house. I know is not good for them, what easy, in-home activities can we do? SAHM's, how do you fill the hours?

kira_5105

Asked by kira_5105 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my favoirte thing to do with the kids when were stuck in the house is pUT on a good kids cd and play aerobics whith the boys. they love running, skipping, jumping jacks etc... plus it keeps them busy and wears them out. we also do alot of crafs and making goodies . my sons love helping me bake and my 18 month old is already a professional at stirring batter lol
    luckyme_213

Answer by luckyme_213 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I have a 3 year old daughter and we dance to music , color together, bake cookies, read books. She also can entertain herself with playing with her princesses, My little ponies and barbies.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 4:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I know how you feel. I was a SAHM with no vehicle and living in the middle of no where I couldn't walk to places. When I did go to town we went to the library. My boys loved it! At home we explored outside together when the weather was nice and we also loved picnics. Inside we watched movies together and I will watch their favorite TV shows WITH them. I know a lot of them by heart. My boys love Thomas the Train. We sometimes will get out puzzles, coloring books I will read to them books from the library and I will also play in the floor with them. They love it when I build their train tracks and play Thomas. I let them sit with me on the computer and we play games on the Thomas website or some of the other sites like PlayHouse Disney and PBS Kids.org. They are 2 and 3 yrs old and they play well together so they will play in their rooms all day if it isn't nice enough to go outside. They play and I can get a lot done.
    JenStricklin77

Answer by JenStricklin77 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• In the morning we do learning time and then chores, 10 am nap time, after that lunch and crafts and after that they play on their own in their playroom until Dad comes home.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 6:02 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• That's about all I did with my kids when they were little. I had a 28mo, a 13mo and a newborn. I was too exhausted to do anything so we just sat and watched TV and played with their toys on the floor. I didn't do any kind of structured project with them until they were 2, 3 and 4.
    They are all older now (8, 7, 6 and almost 3) and I do NOT entertain them all day. They do their thing and I do mine and if they need attention they come to me. Mostly they play on their own or watch TV (which I have no problem with...we are a TV family).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:51 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I know exactly how you feel and more. My children are 7.6.3.2.19months and 5months. To keep the older ones entertained i usually leave them to play with the rabbits because they are very responsible or i give them an activity like colouring, or they could play with they're toys but they're out in the back garden alot and its very big so we bought them these car things for christmas. My younger 4 like helping me cook or me reading to them. I also have an hour a day where i sit with the kids and we learn new words or some numbers while the older 2 do they're homework.

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 12:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I have one kid but just the same. I give her boxes, old x-mas beads, pots n pans, bake a cake, check the mail box more then nessasary, help with the baby, clean up time making it fun, art time... BUT... I do not do things to KEEP her busy... I give her weird objects so she can think of weird and fun things to do with them. I play with her for short bursts threw out the day and go back to what I am doing... She keeps herself busy all day... Paper bag to "shop" in their toy box... Make a fort...
    motherabc

Answer by motherabc at 10:49 AM on Feb. 26, 2009