Allergies

My 4 year old daughter has horrible allergies. She is on Claratin in the morning and Singulair at night. She woke up this morning and was coughing like she normally does only she threw up and it was all boogers and some bile (I'm sure from coughing to hard). She doesn't have a fever and seems to be okay now. I talked to my sister and found out my nephew has been doing the same thing the past few days and also has diarreha but only in the morning. He also has horrible allergies and is on Allegra in the morning and Singulair at night. We are starting to think it may be the post nasal drip all night that is making them sick in the morning. Has anyone else had this problem?? Not sure whatelse to do for them. The dr said its going to be a horrible allergy season and that they are on all they can be on. Anyone tried homeopathic allergy meds? Thanks in advance!!

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 11:31 AM on May. 20, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My dau takes Claritin too. I'll give you a bump tho. GL!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:34 AM on May. 20, 2013

• My Son had the same thing & when I brought him to the Pediatrician he was diagnosed with a sinus infection & walking pneumonia. He had a very low grade fever off & on. He vomited once too. Have her lungs checked ASAP! He had it in January & just was diagnosed again with it this past Saturday. He's on an antibiotic. I thought it was just because of his allergies too but the persistent coughing & then vomit was caused by the pneumonia.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:35 AM on May. 20, 2013

• I had her to the Dr a little over a week ago and she said her lungs were good and that her boogers where clear so that ment no infection. Can post nasal drip really cause them to vomit and have diarreha?
    MommytoBe987

Comment by MommytoBe987 (original poster) at 11:38 AM on May. 20, 2013

• I don't have issues with allergies, but I have a friend who swears that buying/eating local honey clears up her allergies. I know it has to be local, like from a local farmers market, but beyond that I don't know much about it. I imagine you could google some info on it though.

Answer by missanc at 12:07 PM on May. 20, 2013

• BTW, I brought my Son into the Pediatrician 3 times within 2 weeks & finally they detected fluid in his lungs. Then he developed an ear infection.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:03 PM on May. 20, 2013

• which spray are you using? i've had the kids and hubby on six different kinds and the worst is nasonex. flonase is the only one that works. the girls have been on zyrtec since they were a year old. (now they are 11, 8, & 6) they just got switched to claritin.. another thing is, have them drink some gatorade. don't know why but drinking it before bed helps the family.i get the powder form from either walmart or meijer's. they come if four flavors but walmart only carries three.
    and yeah this is going to be a very bad year. i'm not ready for it
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 3:35 PM on May. 20, 2013

• forgot to mention, get a humidifier and add some salt, that helps with my kids and they seem to be able to breath at night alot better
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 3:40 PM on May. 20, 2013