I just can't stop eating junk food and can't get an exercise routine started! Help!

I used to have the cutest figure, but I've just let myself go :( I desperately want that figure back, not only to feel good about myself but to lead a healthy life! I've looked at old pics to motivate me, and I get that "Magical Monday" diet started and come dinner time I want to and do fail miserably :( It's like I'm addicted to junk and bad for you, delicious foods! How can I get motivated and how can I get a great physique back, help! I dont want to do Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig type stuff either? I'll take any suggestions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on May. 20, 2013 in Health

• Stop buying the crap, simple as that. You can buy all the healthy shit, you can join all the programs but unless you actually Want to change, you wont.
    You need to decide if you want to change, then do it. I have joined some motivating FB groups to keep me accountable, and I have been losing weight steadily, I can do 30 push-ups, I run every morning with my dog and my DS2 in the stroller. You just need to find something that works for you and don't give up.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:48 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Yeah, the bottom line is that you just have to stop eating crap. Easier said than done, I know.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:49 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Good motivation is maybe getting a friend or significant other to do it with you.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 2:50 PM on May. 20, 2013

• What are your usual go to meals? What is your junk food of choice? What I started doing was substituting things. I used to be a HUGE pasta lover. I just had to have spaghetti and meatballs,and any kind of salty chips. My usual spaghetti would be prego sauce, full starch pasta and hamburger for the meatballs. This would also be put in a HUGE bowl for just myself. I swapped prego for my own tomato and roasted zuchini and squash sauce, whole grain noodles, and turkey meatballs with plenty of fresh herbs. All was portioned out as well. I traded salty potato chips for pretzels in a portioned out sandwich bag. Also start waking around the block. I know it doesn't seem like too drastic of a change but trust me, little changes and sticking to them are better than throwing in the towel. Also, don't start on Mondays. Mondays suck enough. Try on Thursday or Friday. If you stay strong all weekend the rest of the week will be a breeze.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 2:53 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Good Luck!
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 2:55 PM on May. 20, 2013

• When you REALLY decide you are done and going to change, you will. That's on YOU.

Start by doing little things, drinking your water, moving for so many min. a day, not having fast food, getting rid of the cookies...whatever. Then build on those goals- increase the water, increase the work outs...

do you count calories? That's what I do, and I plan out my day and always leave enough calories for something like an ice cream sandwich or cookie or whatever. That is what works for me and I never feel deprived.
    OR
    you could try eating clean (a bunch of people in the healthy weight loss group do that

find what works for YOU
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:01 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Why don't you want to do Weight Watchers? It's a great way to re-learn how to eat. It's a lifestyle change and that is probably what you need. A diet is only good for as long as you are on the diet. A lifestyle change makes you look at what you consume, how much and lets you change what you need in order to lose, gain or maintain.

I started by weighing and measuring everything that I ate and recorded it on myfitnesspal.com app on my phone. Same with the exercise. I lost 20 lbs in 4 months and kept it off on a 6 week road trip/vacation overseas.

I also began to eat clean for a variety of reasons, but it's made me much healthier. I bake all of our bread, make cheeses and yogurt and grow a huge garden. We don't buy junk or much in the way of processed foods. I do "indulge" in a portion of dark chocolate nightly if I'm in the mood for it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:02 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Weight Watchers is your best best, honestly. You don't have to legitimately join either to follow it. You can still eat whatever you want but you learn to save the junk for the end of the week when you can (literally) gobble up all your points. It works because you don't tell yourself "no" you tell yourself "later".
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 7:13 PM on May. 20, 2013

• I focused on portion control and gentle exercise. I've lost between 25 and 30 pounds since January, and although it's going slowly, I don't think I could have kept it up if I really deprived myself and went cold turkey. I've learned that a few bites of something yummy is as satisfying as a plateful.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:20 AM on May. 26, 2013

• it takes sometimes years to drop the weight. Each month that passes you should be changing your eating habits and start excersise. Take baby steps, it's never to late to get healthy again.
    good luck
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2013