Oklahoma mamas- please check in if you are able

Just saw the news about the devastating tornadoes that just went thru & it looked like a war zone. Hope you are all safe!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 5:04 PM on May. 20, 2013 in About CafeMom

• were good here. we live on the north side of OKC so this wasnt near us. we live about a mile away from the stuff that hit last night. we've been loading up our old baby clothes to take to the donation drop offs cause its just really bad in Moore. two elementary schools were hit and luckily one school's kids are all accounted for but the other school still has trapped kids. its heartbreaking...

thanks for thinking about us Okies, glad everyone is safe!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:01 PM on May. 20, 2013

• The huge tornado that went through Moore destroyed a farm 8 1/2 miles away from my house and my car is halfway under water. Other than having the shit scared out of us we're fine. They were saying get underground or get out of the way and me and dd were sitting in a closet. If it had been 8 miles to the north we probably wouldn't be here. I feel so bad for all of those families but I am so thankful that it missed us.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 5:53 PM on May. 20, 2013

• I'm ok, still can't reach some of my family in the moore/norman area but praying, also greatful I stayed at my sisters longer yesterday or I would have been right there when this one hit yesterday. it wiped out my FIL's neighbors house and went right over theirs.

405mom

Answer by 405mom at 7:27 PM on May. 20, 2013

• I hope okmanders is alright. I think that's her neck of the woods.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:42 PM on May. 20, 2013

• We are under tornado watch until 10 tonight. It's windy here, but still sunny with fast moving clouds.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:47 PM on May. 20, 2013

• I am ok. The storms are east of us right now. Still keeping an eye on everything. Thanks for thinking about me.

Answer by louise2 at 7:00 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Hoping everyone is safe. Holly, glad you made it out ok. I definitely don't miss the tornados!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:10 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Okmanders lives near OKC, right? I sure do hope she and her family are alright. Nice to know Louise and Holly are ok. Stay safe everyone.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:05 PM on May. 20, 2013

• So glad louise is safe. I'm worried about OK as well. Hope we hear from her soon. I hate this weather shit.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:25 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Glad to hear from you OK.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:22 PM on May. 20, 2013