He said he has only dated very thin women before

I have been casually seeing this guy for a couple months. it was a friendship at first and at that time he told me that he had only dated one girl ever that was even slightly chunky. i saw her photo and she is absolutely average - not chubby at all.

I am a bit (a lot) heavy. 5'5" and 190 to be exact. So i would technically be his first fat woman.

how do i handle this? He is very caring and sweet. We have not moved on to anything sexual yet. Just hand holding and snuggling. But what about when sex comes? He will be used to amazing bodies and mine is not. at all. It's got a mommy pouch and fat thighs and large rump.

I'm serious. What would you guys do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on May. 20, 2013 in Relationships

• What would I do, enjoy each stage of the relationship.....don't be so self conscious, if he likes YOU then there is no problem there are a lot of men out there who secretly like meat!!!

Answer by older at 6:31 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Unless you pressed him on the weight topic, I can't imagine why he would even say that he only dated thin women in the past. You are who you are. Obviously he is interested so I wouldn't harp on it. Be confident in who you are. Just eat healthy. Maybe that is just your average weight that is right for you.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:35 PM on May. 20, 2013

• When the weight thing came up we were only friends chatting about our exes. He was talking about his ex wife I believe, who is super skinny, with huge fake boobs that he paid for. That's how the topic got started.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:37 PM on May. 20, 2013

• I think you should just come out and ask him if your weight bothers him. Will you two ever get into a sexual relationship.
    I would rather know now. So I can move on. You don't want to waiste your time with a guy who doesn't like you.

Answer by louise2 at 6:58 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Well, he's the one who approached me with possibly being more than friends. He has initiated the contact we have had so far. I think it would be awkward for me to ask him if my big butt bothers him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:14 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Just because he has only dated skinny chicks before doesn't mean he doesn't want to be with you. You are about the same height and weight as me. When my ex and I were going thru the divorce, I confided in him that I didn't think any other man would want me due to my weight, mommy pouch, and stretch marks. He assured me that I was wrong. My current SO absolutely loves my large rump and my legs. He also tells me all the time that my weight does not bother him. He likes a little pudge on me. Plus some guys actually look past the outside to what lies beneath.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 7:17 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Hmm, let's see if I have this right; he told you he only dated skinny girls & 1 that is considered avg. by most standards, but he considered chunky. And he paid for fake boobs for his skinny ex. He sounds very superficial to me & almost comes across as doing you a favor b/c you're not his "usual" type. I say embrace those curves, know that you are not fat, but voluptuous & if he tries to hint at anything less than that, dump him!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:23 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Most decent guys when they see a nekkid chick dont think "cellulite" they think " i am gonna get laid"!!!!

Thats the first rule o' being sexy. The second is

Confidence is sexier than a six pack

The third?
    If he wanted a skinny chick hed be with a skinny chick. He isnt so he doesnt
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:26 PM on May. 20, 2013

• I hope he will not look at that and pay attention to what you have to offer from your heart and mind.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:53 PM on May. 20, 2013

• At your height and weight, your having a "big butt" is no secret to him. And obviously no big deal to him either because HE approached YOU.

I'd stop worrying about it from that standpoint. If you want to worry about your weight, do it for YOU and for your health.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:26 PM on May. 20, 2013