Adorable Big Sister Reaction...

So I just found out Saturday that I am going to have another baby! I am really excited and couldn't wait to tell my husband and children. My husband and I have been married almost a year and, though we intended to wait to have a baby (this one is a surprise), we can't be happier. We have three little girls, between the two of us. He has a seven year old daughter from a previous marriage, I have a little girl who will be five in two weeks, from a previous relationship, and my youngest was adopted before I was married and she is eighteen months old. When we told the girls that I was going to have another baby, the two older ones started to cheer and dance "We're going to have a brother!" (we are hoping for a boy because we have all girls). My little one just looked at me funny so I decided to try and explain it a little better. I picked up little Molly and sat her down on my lap.

"Molly, you are going to be a big sister!" I told her, rubbing my belly. "Mommy has a baby in her tummy." Molly looked at me funny again and then pulled up my shirt, patting me on the tummy.

"Ma ma, where baby?"

"In my tummy." I patted my belly again and she patted it too. She pulled my shirt down and then up again.

"No baby here!" She patted my belly again and then pulled my shirt down. "No baby," she told me and hopped off my lap and went back to her toys.

I couldn't help but laugh. I knew that she was too young to understand but her reaction was just priceless. She must think I'm crazy for saying that I had a baby under my shirt when there clearly wasn't one.

This morning, when I got her out of her crib, she lifted up my shirt again to look and patted my belly. "Baby here now? *sigh* No. No baby."

Molly stays with my mother while I work and the older girls take the bus there after school. As soon as they got to grandma's they ran in the door and yelled "Grandma! Mommy (Sophie in the case of my stepdaughter) is going to have a baby!" and Molly yelled

"NO BABY!" I guess it will just be a surprise when she sees the baby at the hospital.

Razzle_Dazzle1

Asked by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 6:51 PM on May. 20, 2013 in Pregnancy

• congratulationsFirst of all- Congrats!  2nd of all happy that is so adorable!  Maybe as your tummy grows & she can feel it kick, it will be a little more real to her.  Otherwise, she will have to see for herself once it gets here! Make sure you write this down in her baby book! :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:18 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Congratulations!!! that is indeed cute, but she won't understand until she sees the baby, how wonderful! great to hear good news among what has happened in Oklahoma City!

Answer by older at 7:24 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Awww, how cute! Congratulations!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:28 PM on May. 20, 2013

• pregnant belly

smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 5:18 PM on May. 26, 2013