Ugh! Little boys and the peeing...

today my son who is a little over 3 and just recently potty trained. (yeah I know - was a little late int he game) decided at the playground today to stop what he was doing and pee beside the slide. I am yelling form across the playground where I was with my DD in a swing. 'No! No! No!' and there was just no stopping it. I get to him with DD tucked under my arm like a phone book just in time to see him finish up then proceed to cheer for himself for not peeing on Batman. I was SO embarrassed. The glares of the other moms on the playground were burning into my back as I try to explain to my son that we can't pee outside. It has to go in the potty. Then he loudly responds 'But Daddy let me pee pee in the yard!' I packed them up and left at that very moment. I may never be able to go back tot hat playground ever again. And yes, he went potty at the park 20 minutes before. I guess he drank more of that water bottle than I thought because it was still a TON of pee.

Please tell me your child has peed somewhere in public before embarrassing the crude out of you so I can feel better. Oh, and DH is gonna get it when he gets home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on May. 20, 2013 in General Parenting

• My 4 yo pees outside all the time, but fortunately my dh taught him to go "in the woods" so he does at least go near the trees. And as he's getting older we are talking about where/when that's appropriate (when we're on a small island with no facilities, fine; when we're at home, fine; when we're at a soccer game, not fine!)

Answer by missanc at 7:36 PM on May. 20, 2013

• When my son was little, newly potty trained and we had just gotten back from camping. My son was playing in my back yard (which was fenced in and I had just run in the house for a minute), when I came back out, my neighbor came over and told me that I needed to explain to my child that the backyard is not his personal bathroom. So, we had to explain to him that when we are camping and not near an outhouse, it is ok to pee by a tree but otherwise he needed to use the bathroom.

Potty training was not fun. Don't worry about being late in the game, you will have less chance of a relapse.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 7:40 PM on May. 20, 2013

• My BFF's nephew was caught on camera peeing in the driveway at his cousin's graduation party. he was 6 ,and should have known better. No one saw him because the camera was on a tripod,and all eyes were on the graduate. Everyone busted a gut when they saw the footage!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:55 PM on May. 20, 2013

• " mom, sometimes you just gotta pee outside"!

My son told me this and i have taken it to heart
    If the other moms dont get it/ have never experienced it
    They have girls...

Then again my daughters have done it too :/
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:38 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Oh, I know you must have been embarrassed, but that's just too funny! Someday you'll tell that story when your son is a teenager and he'll blush bright red. And those other moms will get their turn. I have a little girl, but she told me her big brother let her go behind the castle at our local park when he knew there was no way she'd make it home in time. We had to have the "when and where it's okay to pee" talk, too.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:07 PM on May. 20, 2013

• My cousin did that on the playground his first day of Kindergarten.
    Pop-Pop had taught him to pee on Nana's tree.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:46 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Oh hell my three boys have peed everywhere...softball outfield, church parking lot, outdoor wedding reception, etc . It's what boys do... I always tried to get to them but sometimes they just pee .... Don't be embarrassed
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:42 PM on May. 21, 2013