Can your feet & hands swell from the heat?

and not have anything to do with blood pressure issues? yesterday after we came back from a party on the beach in 90 degree weather at 1 in the afternoon, my right foot & ankle was swollen. my right hand was a little swollen too. after i propped up my leg and drank tons of water it went down. ive been keeping an eye on it since, and the only time it's swelled up today was after i walked to the school to pick up my daughter, and again i was sweating sheets of sweat it was so hot. i just went for an evening walk and its nice & breezy and my feet are not swollen. i drink tons of water (though eysterday we were rushed around so i didnt get as much and i sweat profusely at the beach), i dont smoke, i try to eat right, i exercise. i dont know my exact BP at the moment but i dont think its high. my mom has me panicking that its BP related. i really think its just from the heat because i dont usually stay outside for long periods of time in the middle of the day. when we go outside its typically in the morning/evening when it isn't so hot outside. i guess ill feel much less paranoid when i take my BP tomorrow!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:43 PM on May. 20, 2013 in Health

• Mine do especially if I eat to much salt.
    I have no issues with bloodpressure at all. I have
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:56 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Yes. My fingers swell if there is as little as a 5 degree temperature difference throughout the day and I'll find my rings getting "stuck" when they normally just slide on and off.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:04 PM on May. 20, 2013

• i just took it (found my old bp machine) and it was 126/80. so its def not blood pressure. damn heat!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:40 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Yup. If you are on any type of hormone or other medication that can cause it too....

But keep in mind that it is something a lot of women experience even without being on meds.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:53 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Cut out sodium on a hot day. Even having a beer will make me swell on a very hot day. 80 on the BP is a little bit on the high side though! Relax & take it again in a little while. Should be 60-70's range.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:56 PM on May. 20, 2013

• standing to long on a hard surface can do it for me
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 9:22 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Mine do all the time. When I'm out walking I have to take my rings off. They've always done that.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:41 PM on May. 20, 2013

• When i went to vegas for the first time i looked like a balloon for two days
    Drink more water
    SO who is from there insisted i drink like a gallon a day and i never had issues again
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:43 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Mine do. Drinking lots of water helps, but I still swell some.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 9:12 AM on May. 21, 2013

• Mine do. Heat and salt, not drinking enough water. Sometimes if I exercise too much, I can't fit my wedding rings on.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:06 PM on May. 21, 2013