[time to pray :D] UPDATE!!! for everyone who read earlier

Well, I went to the doctors and he said that my body wants to deliver.. but I'm not in labor :(
My normal appt with him s this Friday-- he said If I don't deliver by then, we'll make a date for me to be induced [which they usually do 10 days before your due date.] So, I might be induced in a week.

Let's just hope if I walk some more I'll go into labor tonight. Does anyone think I will?

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 3:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try eating something spicy. Might be an old wives tale but it worked for me. Good Luck
    Anonymous

• its very possible. good luck and congrats!
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You must be very excited! hugs and prayers!

Answer by Bmat at 3:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Hoping for the best for you... I went to the DR today and got scheduled for next Thursday. I hope it comes earlier. I'm just so done. Keep doing what you are doing and maybe you will go into full labor. I'll be crossing my fingers for you!
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 3:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I ate a dozen hot wings for dinner 2 nights in a row!! Then this morning I walked a mile and climbed up and down 2 flights of stairs about 15 times-- He said my cervix thinned out A LOT since he saw me last Thursday, could that be a result of my determination? If I walk more do you think I could go into labor tonight? HONEStLY!
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 3:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Walking never hurts. You can also try a bath. Go out and do something, maybe go out to dinner, or go to the mall and walk around. If you keep your mind off of it things tend to happen faster because you are not stressing about it.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 3:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• you could go into labor but maybe not. i wouldnt wana be induced if i was you so keep walking have sex, try nipple stimulation. good luck.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• try bouncing on one of those yoga balls, supposedly it helps the baby move lower or something. i tried it all! the bouncing, walking, spicey foods, caster oil, red rasberry leaf tea...i guess owyn was just comfortable where he was haha. good luck! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 3:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Well mama, honestly, if your body were ready to deliver, it WOULD deliver! Why are they saying they are going to have to induce you????
    I wouldnt get induced if I were you, id let nature take its coarse, pitocin raises your risk for a c section by 50% :(
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 4:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2009