How strange is this?

Our neighbor moved out and my SS mom (which is my husbands ex wife) wants to know contact info and stuff about house to move in. How strange is that. She thinks it would be in their sons best interest to have both parents live side by side. However I'm very uncomfortable with this idea. My husband told her a higher price so maybe it would turn her away from idea. But that didn't work. So now he's saying he hasn't got I touch with owner.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on May. 20, 2013 in Relationships

• boobs
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:45 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Yeah, that's odd.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:46 PM on May. 20, 2013

• He needs to talk to her if he doesn't want this to happen. It could be beneficial, but only if your husband and his ex have a good relationship.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:48 PM on May. 20, 2013

• It can be good if divorced parents who get along can not be too far apart so children can grow up in both homes and not be too far apart from either one. But being neighbors is toooo close.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:49 PM on May. 20, 2013

• That would be a little too close for comfort.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:10 PM on May. 20, 2013

• If hugh hefner can live next door to his ex...
    Truth be told if i ever ( or ex) won the lottery we would share a few acres
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:13 PM on May. 20, 2013

• She currently lives ten minutes if that down the road. They have been to court twice so relationship isn't that great. He did tell her if she moved in next door we would put our house up for rent. He said she got a little offended over it. She has three kids with three different men. Her boyfriend has three kids. This house is only three bedrooms and is probably 1300 sq ft. Small for all them. She just wants something easier for next school year. I'll have to bring my SS to and from school every day. This is so she can take her daughter to school and then her boyfriends kids. Which with her she would have to go to four different schools which is impossible. We are both SAHM. But having her as a neighbor seems like she is trying to keep up with what he does considering my he has his own business and he pays her child support. IDK... Just seems strange. Also she told him she would move weither or not her boyfriend likes it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:17 PM on May. 20, 2013

• My Ex and I live on the same street....
    We've been divorced for years, we're both remarried, (neither current partner was the reason for the breakup) and in the long run, yes, it does work out great for the kids!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:39 PM on May. 20, 2013

• I lived down the street from my ex for a couple of years after our divorce. We saw each other fairly often and were still friends. No kids, and I'm not sure most couples I know could have done it, but we had a fairly amiable breakup, if there is such a thing.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:43 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Not a good idea to be that close. It's just asking for drama that would be hard to get away from. I would just tell her the truth and say that while you understand her intentions, you don't think it's a good idea and that you maybe know something is wrong about the house so it would be a bad idea to move in there.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:32 AM on May. 21, 2013