How old was your baby when you introduced cow's milk?

With my first son, I started mixing some with his formula at 11 months. Now I have a 10 month old and I may do the same but I was wondering about you ladies.

**If you have a strong opinion about not giving children cow's milk or formula, please do not bash. If you can't help it...please just don't respond at all!**

marsha78

Asked by marsha78 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I haven't yet, but I plan on doing it around 11 mos like you did and slowly get her used to it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• We did it at 9 months under the direction of our pediatrician. But the boys were eating a varied, balanced diet of table foods at that age.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I think 10 - 12 months is normal if they are eating solid food to make up for the calories they won't be getting from breast milk/forumla. Each child will be different. Start slowly to make sure they can handle it.
    mnrock

Answer by mnrock at 4:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Yeah, I'm thinking that when his current formula is close to being finished I might start mixing it in...
    marsha78

Answer by marsha78 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• 1 year. She got sips every now and then of her grandmother milk ( i did not know or I would have bit MILs head off) You should talk to you doctor. Its not good to give them milk before 1
    Anonymous

• My oldest 2 at a year. But my youngest started refusing formula at 9 months. At 10 months my doctor and I switch him over to regular milk and upped his iron intake.
    my3turtles

Answer by my3turtles at 4:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• 13/14 mos with my first, and 17 mos with my second, though he doesn't like it much.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:09 PM on Feb. 17, 2009