How old was your baby when you introduced cow's milk?

With my first son, I started mixing some with his formula at 11 months. Now I have a 10 month old and I may do the same but I was wondering about you ladies.

**If you have a strong opinion about not giving children cow's milk or formula, please do not bash. If you can't help it...please just don't respond at all!**

marsha78

Asked by marsha78 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son is 11 months old and as soon as his formula is all gone im switching him over to cows milk. which will be in about 2 weeks. i'm just going to switch and not mix it. he drinks whatever I give him :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I started my little guy on it at 4m... Formula wasnt filling him up.. An he has been on it everyday since...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• my son was about 11 and half months old when we started mixing half milk with formula and by about 12 months he was on nothing but cows milk. Im sure its best to wait till they are atleast 11months but to each their own IMO.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• With my first daughter the doc told me around 11 months I could begin switching her if I wanted to. I never heard about the mixing the two. I now have a 10 month old and I was thinking when I should begin the switch too. I am still nursing right now.
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I'm thinking that when his formula is close to being finished I may start mixing it in so he can start getting used to it. Can't wait to save that money!!
    marsha78

Answer by marsha78 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• We started mixing cow's milk with formula at 12 mths for taste--she initially didn't like it plain. As she would drink more cow's milk, we mixed less formula. By 13 mths, she was drinking cow's milk plain. We also switched bottles to sippies during this period.
    SkimVanilLatte

Answer by SkimVanilLatte at 5:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I started mixing it with her formula when we got to our last can right around her 1st birthday. I started with 6 ounces formula, 2 of milk and slowly increased it until the can was gone. She had no problems.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• he was 1 yrs old
    j.hammonds

Answer by j.hammonds at 6:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• My son's doctor told us to wait until his first birthday
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 7:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• The docor will till you till their one... but they also tell you not to give them baby food till their like 9 months. My son has been getting baby food since he was 4 months.. (he's a hungy little guy) i started giving my daughter milk when she was a bout 10 months. NOt all the time but just to get her use to it.. then about 11 -11 1/2 months she was on milk full time. With my son he's a lactose baby.. so i don t really no what to buy with him yet... but abotu 10 months about 1-2 bottle every couple days.
    hstib_19

Answer by hstib_19 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2009