Ok, is it just me, or is this outrageous?

got a letter from the school today about next year's schedule. over here in elkhart county in schools are going to be starting on aug 15th. from 8:45 to 4:pm that is the new hours.

is your school changing things on you this year too?

normally they start school the week before labor day.
in ohio, they start after labor day or did when we lived there

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 10:05 PM on May. 20, 2013 in

• We start school on August 8th, so starting on the 15th would not be outrageous. What I would find bothersome is that the start time is not until 8:45. Most people have to be at work at 8. What are the working parents going to do?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:11 PM on May. 20, 2013

• School starts here the second week in August, but it's been that way for several years. I'd be more concerned about the late start and end times. Four o'clock is already nearly dark in the dead of winter, and I'd be worried about kids walking home from school and not being visible to motorists.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:38 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Those hours seem super-long! What did they change from ("new hours")?

Things aren't changing on us, this year. Our school always start the Tuesday after Labor Day (as do the public schools around here) and the school day is 8:30 to 2:45.

The last day of school is June 13, this year.

I guess starting mid-August & getting out at the end of May is about the equivalent, but I like starting in September!
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 10:40 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Our school year starts in mid-August, too. I think the 13th or 14th this year. But they get a whole week off at Thanksgiving, usually three weeks at Christmas and two weeks in the spring. And they're done for the year the first week of June.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:32 PM on May. 20, 2013

• man wait til i tell the girls! my older two are going to summer school this year so that cuts their summer short, but where you live they really don't want people to have a summer vacation!

oh girls want to know where you live so we don't move there. (sorry they are standing over me)
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 10:15 PM on May. 20, 2013

• LOL, I live in Georgia. We get out of school this Friday though. When does school get out where you live?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:16 PM on May. 20, 2013

• thurs 30th, they are out on mon and then have to go tues, weds and thurs.
    i have to read the paper again for when they start summer school though. can't remember if it's the second or third week of june.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 10:22 PM on May. 20, 2013

• That does seem a bit early. Ours starts I think August 26. Our elementary school starts at 9 am. I have to look to see what time the middle school starts because my oldest will be in 6th grade this year.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:24 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Phsh! My kids start back July 22nd.

The time would bug me though!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:26 PM on May. 20, 2013

• what is going on with summer vacation?!!! i mean really?
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 10:30 PM on May. 20, 2013

Next question in
Anyone used Kaplan online

Next question overall (Relationships)
How strange is this?