Should i fix my sons circumcision?

I had my son circumcised after birth and the doctor did a very bad job, left too much skin where it doesnt even look like hes circumcised and its even more skin on one side. He is only 3 months old and the thought of putting him under scares me but i dont want him to grow up and be mad that i never fixed it. Anyone go through this?

sean2013

Asked by sean2013 at 11:07 PM on May. 20, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did. My son had the same exact problem. My ped fought and fought us and asked us to wait a while and see how things looked when he was older. He was three and he looked uncircumcised. She referred us to a pediatric urologist and we had him recirced. He is 7 now and looks completely normal. I am very glad we made the decision to have it redone. He was small enough when we had it done that he doesn't even remember it. It's worth looking into. Best of luck to you.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:10 PM on May. 20, 2013

• He might get mad might not. never know. If its going to both him during sex or you think he will be embarrassed then get it done. If it were my son. yes i would get it done. I dont want him to feel hes different or think there is something wrong. And to me its cleaner. My son will have his done at 1. He didnt have it done as a baby bc skin was pulled too tight in the front and the dr didnt feel right doing it. I still plan on getting it done for his sake when hes a teen it will be easier to keep clean and he wont be embarrassed

Anonymous

• bother*
    Anonymous

• CaseyErin, i dont know where you are located but if you are in CA near LA could you recommend the urologist who did it for your son? BTW thanx so much for the feedback, im so scared to put him under :(
    sean2013

Comment by sean2013 (original poster) at 11:12 PM on May. 20, 2013

• It was a very quick procedure. My little one wasn't under long at all. No hospital stay for him either. He woke up and was observed an hour or so and I got to take him home. I am on the east coast---sorry!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:17 PM on May. 20, 2013

• I never went through this but I think I would have it redone and I would insist the doctor and hospital refund the amount paid to them for the botched surgery.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:21 PM on May. 20, 2013

• If you already had it done once and it was done wrong, yes, might as well get it fixed.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:36 PM on May. 20, 2013

• Don't do this yourself. Let a doctor fix it.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 8:13 AM on May. 21, 2013

• Get 2-3 pediatric urologist opinions so you get a lot of information
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:33 AM on May. 21, 2013

• My son is uncircumcised.. But since you already had it done and its wrong...I would fix it. Especially because he's still young. If you wait until he's older you might have trouble finding a doctor willing to fix it.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 9:18 AM on May. 21, 2013