How long should a 2 month old sleep in a day?

My DD seems like she sleeps all day long! She will be awake for maybe 20 minutes at a time, when she wants to eat, and thats about it. Is that normal? Sometimes she will stay awake a little longer mayebe a half hour to 45 minutes when im giving her a bath... but how much sleep is too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think there is such a thing as to much sleep for a baby. We had to start waking ours for a 4th feeding at around 5 mos b/c she was sleeping so much that she wouldn't eat. As long as baby is developing okay and is eating enough then I wouldn't worry.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• That is perfectly normal and really good. Their little bodies are growing so fast at that age...they need all the sleep they can get. Don't worry about it. She'll wake up eventually and then you'll be wishing she'd go back to sleep!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2009