why does walmart keep charging $25 NSF fee from my account?

they have charged my account twice for same check, from over a month ago. The check has been cleared.

susie3134

Asked by susie3134 at 7:06 AM on May. 21, 2013 in Money & Work

• Why don't you call your bank or call Walmart? They would know. I don't shop at Walmart & only pay certain bills w/ a check.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:10 AM on May. 21, 2013

• I would call, if the check cleared there shouldn't be any charges.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:21 AM on May. 21, 2013

• call the bank...and if they can't fix it call WM

I NEVER write checks. I HATE waiting for them to clear!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:01 AM on May. 21, 2013

• Maybe they tried to send it through twice and it bounced both times? I would call your bank and ask.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 3:26 PM on May. 23, 2013

• Do you have a return if no funds available option? ask your bank. I do not have overdraft option. You can ask for that. I also do not write checks. You might need to find a better bank Here are some options some banks give.

link http://www.findabetterbank.com/overdraft_protection_options.html

Your financial institution will treat overdrafts with one of three methods: No Protection, Overdraft Forgiveness, and Overdraft Protection. No Protection is the default, and you may be allowed to sign up for Overdraft Forgiveness or Overdraft Protection, depending on what your institution offers.
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 5:18 PM on May. 23, 2013

• They must have tried to run it through twice, and instead of turning you over to the DA, they took it to the bank and it cleared, if you hadn't bounced a check there in the first place, none of it would happen, unless someone has your checkbook and is currently writing bad checks at Wal-mart there is no reason for this have to happened unless the check was denied the original time.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:28 PM on May. 23, 2013

• contact customer service asap...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 9:09 PM on May. 24, 2013