How well will it work for you?

With Pres Obama signing the stimulus bill, how well do you think what's coming to you will work for you and your family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Does any one really know what this stimulus bill is all about? Who exactly it will be helping. I heard things here and there. But still a bit confused!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• We will get equivalent to $12.00/week in tax credit starting in June. We already own a home, we are not on unemployment or medicaid, and we do not belong to the Marsh Mouse family to qualify for Nancy Pelosi's "special" funding...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Not a dang thing. I live to far for the super HWY. My kids are too young to get help from the college plans (b/c another pres will come in and over turn it) I bought my house too long ago to get a credit (so unfair, I am a "homeowner" why does it only help new ones) OH and I am not a San Fransisco bird! LOL....

But really, I don't think it' really going to help the avg. American.  It will help those that can't help themselves (good or bad) and it will fund pet projects.  Nothing to help us AVG Janes stuck in the middle. 

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• ten bucks a week will pay for one of my kid's school lunches. Yippee for me.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Nothing to help us AVG Janes stuck in the middle.

EXACTLY...  Also, I do not see how it helps those who are already on Entitlement programs get off of programs and get a long term growth and responsibility building job?  I would think that would be the optimal goal.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Its questions like this that get all the crazies out that complain about Obama and how the stimulus is just for people that have thier "hands-out". Its like asking for drama to ask such a question as yours...
    Anonymous

• So anon....what's going to do for you? YOU didn' t answer...You seem to be starting the drama. Just answer the dang question or move on!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

EXACTLY... Also, I do not see how it helps those who are already on Entitlement programs get off of programs and get a long term growth and responsibility building job? I would think that would be the optimal goal.

Grlygrlz- have you looked at the unemployment rate recently? Have you heard of the layoffs that are expected? You have aweful high hopes for people to find jobs when EVERYONE is having problems in this department.
    Anonymous

you must be one of those obama AND poor people haters.
    Anonymous

• I dont see it really helping my family much. There arent any jobs in my area and factories have closed down and left the country or filed bankruptcy. Idont see anything in the stimulus that will bring them back or work for people in MY town. Sure people get more unemployment but I think there should be more then just throwing money at people who some have worked 20 yrs at the same plant only to be laid off with nothing to show for it. People on food stamps will get more money so I guess theyll benefit. And 12 bucks a week per family or person isnt really anything at all when you look at how taxes WILL go up to pay this back. Its like giving someone a quarter to go to the movies.

Answer by gemgem at 4:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2009