Good parent or seeking attention?

When dropping my ds off at his elementary school in the mornings, I've noticed recently, that there is a mom, maybe in her late 30's, early 40's (could be younger & just tans too much... lol) that walks her kid up to the corner, & even though there is a crossing gaurd, crosses her kid, stands in the middle of the street, then returns to the corner & stands, even after her kid has disappeared from sight.... This mother is a malibu barbie look a-like & if the weather is warmer than 60, she wears an itsy bitsy spaghetti strap tank, w/ some boy shorts, & yes, 1/2 her booty is hanging out......

Don't get me wrong.... if I looked like that, I'd be purdy proud of myself, (not to the extent of dressing like that when dropping off the kiddos... lol,) but.... just trying to figure out if she's just trying to get attention, or if she's an overly protective mom, just being a good parent..... Wondering if this may be embarrasing for her daughter, especially as she gets older & in the higher grades.... any thoughts?

I'm bored..... lol

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 10:14 AM on May. 21, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Just being a parent.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:21 AM on May. 21, 2013

• I agree being a parent, even though I personally wouldnt dress like that around children even if I had the body
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:25 AM on May. 21, 2013

• Maybe a little bit of both.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:34 AM on May. 21, 2013

• I think she's just being a protective parent. Her daughter may be embarrassed as she gets older. My dd told me last year (5th grade) that it was "awkward" that some of the boys in her class were saying her mom was "hot" after the first field trip. I made sure from then on that I wore no makeup and just pulled my hair in a ponytail before going to her class!

Answer by missanc at 10:36 AM on May. 21, 2013

• Depends on the kid's age, but I think it may be a bit of both. Overprotective and attention seeking.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:53 AM on May. 21, 2013

• Probably a little bit of both.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:57 AM on May. 21, 2013

• Some women just like to dress like that. They don't think anything of it. All the more power to them, I guess. It's just what you are comfortable in. I wouldn't give it much thought. I can remember one mom in particular when I was in grade school that attracted a lot of attention, and that was the 70's!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:59 AM on May. 21, 2013

• Her dd has to be in grade 5 or under to go to the school..... And she's a VERY healthy looking little girl... which is why I wonder how it must make her feel to have a mom who is hot & skinny & not afraid to show it......
    HappyEndings

Comment by HappyEndings (original poster) at 11:01 AM on May. 21, 2013

• kids are so mean now a days, that I just wonder if it might open her up to getting teased "why do you look like that, when your mom looks like that?" type thing...
    HappyEndings

Comment by HappyEndings (original poster) at 11:02 AM on May. 21, 2013

• When I drop my Son off at his Elementary School, I park, take him out of the truck, walk him to the door, kiss him & watch him walk down the hall. I'm not seeking attention, I just like to do it. I wear old sweat pants & sneakers so I highly doubt I will be impressing anyone. I wouldn't read too much into it. She is a Mom that cares about her looks & her kids a whole lot!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:18 AM on May. 21, 2013