What sort of pictures?

I'm working on starting my WAHM business making and selling hot cocoa mix. I'm thinking about doing some online selling. I don't know what sort of pictures to use. Would I be able to just grab some pictures from Google Images? Would it be better to take pictures of my own product? Take the pics myself or find an actual photographer? I just feel so lost.

ncbirdie

Asked by ncbirdie at 10:21 AM on May. 21, 2013 in Holidays

• You can't just grab pictures from Google Images. If you really want to use online images, my best advice would be to use Flickr. Do the advanced search and make sure to check the box that you want images that you can use commercially.

Personally, though, I really think you should use images of your own product. It would be representative of what you're actually selling. It would also be more honest - different cocoa mixes have different appearances, and by using your own product, you avoid people expecting one thing and getting another.

As far as you or a photographer - well, that depends on you. Can you take professional photos? Can you afford a photographer? Do you have any friends with talent that could take the pics if you only need a few?
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:29 AM on May. 21, 2013

• Why not take a few pictures of your own and see what they look like. If they aren't really what you are going for, then try to find a local food photographer and see if that's affordable.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:38 AM on May. 21, 2013

• Take your own photos & sell it on etsy.com
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:59 AM on May. 21, 2013

• You can't steal images. You can buy images or use free images.   I use freedigitalimages.net.   If you use the free ones though, you have to provide a link and give them credit.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:18 AM on May. 21, 2013