i dont get it

OK SO I READ A POST ABOUT SOMEONE AND THEIR PERIOD AND RUNNING OUT OF PADS...IT HAPPENS BUT SOMEONE MENTIONED HOW THEY USE A THING CALLED A DIVA CUP. I WAS NATUARALLY CURIOUS I HADNT HEARD OF A DIVA CUP SO I WENT TO THE WEBSITE THAT WAS GIVEN AND REASEARCHED A BIT. NOW IM OF COURSE EVEN MORE CURIOUS AS TO HOW IT TRULY WORKS PLUS IT SEEMS KIND OF GROSS TO ME. SO ANYONE USE THIS AND IS IT PRETTY GROSS? I MEAN HOW EXACTLY DOES IT WORK? SORRY JUST SEEMS STRANGE TO ME BUT IM ALL FOR A EASY WAY TO DEAL WITH PERIODS.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I did a little research on it and it seems messy to me. I don't want to put my hands in their to take it out and then spill the cup. EEWW! I am also curious at to what other women think.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i didnt look, but it sounds kinda gross... i think pads are gross too... u just sit in the mess....ewwwww
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I researched it too and was so grossed out by the whole idea. IMO, it seems to be more trouble than it's worth. I think I'll stick with tampons and pads.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i think it sounds cleaner then tampons and pads.. however I havne't tried it but would like to someday!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• They have this at walmart its called "instead" and i have tried them and they DO suck, an they are messy.... I dont know y anyone would want to use this crap.... Tampons are the only way to go in my book!!!!!
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• OH!!!! i only tried them cause they say a guy cant feel it while you are doing it.. An that also a lie, and agian they SUCK!!!
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I use a softcup from INSTEAD.... it's cleaner, less likely to cause toxic shock, less bacteria, and less odor AND you can have sex while using it. Pulling it out or not, aren't you going to wash your hands anyhow??

I've been using the softcup for over 2 years now. Only ONCE did my husband even know I was using it - and that was because I didn't insert it correctly that day (in a hurry or something, IDK). Anyhow, once it's inserted you can leave it in place up to 12 hours (not the 4 hours for tampons or less for pads), AND you CAN have sex while using the cup. There IS NOT any spillage, or odor, or fishing around to find a string.

Since I'm going to wash my hands ANYHOW.... I would just rather use something I KNOW won't leak, AND doesn't have to be changed nearly as often. I won't go back to using tampon EVER.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I just read the information on their website and it sounds very interesting! Inserting a tampon or diaphram is really no different and you have to wash your hands in either circumstance anyway. It states that you can roll it up in toilet paper when you take it out and then dispose of it, but I'm concerned about the amount of blood it has collected. I don't want a bunch of leakage all over the inside of my trashcan, which would happen even with toilet paper. Anyhow, I have never heard of them before, but I think I would like to give them a try!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• it had a different name about ten years ago... or more, and EW! dealing with IT is bad enough.. let alone dealing with "IT" and the spillage etc.. im so glad that im on mirena.. i dont have to worry about much
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:07 AM on Feb. 18, 2009