Zumba Rush on x-box success stories????

I've been on a Zumba Rush & slim fast 321 kick for a few wks now, trying to slim down & tone up a bit for the summer... Ever since I downloaded the update for the Zumba Rush though, it's been saying I'm burning between 1100 & 1544 cals. per workout, when before it would say between 170-550. I googled it & a couple sites said that based on my body weight, the amount of time I do Zumba (aprox 60 mins) & the intensity, (high) that as long as I'm keeping up w/ it the whole time, that I should be burning around 450- 540 cals per work out. Trying to figure out why my cal. counter is off now that I updated it, & wondering if anyone has had success w/ losing weight/ toning, using Zumba & if so, how much you lost, & how long it took to take it off.....

Also any success w/ Slim fast 3.2.1???

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 10:52 AM on May. 21, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• I think the only way to REALLY know, is with a decent heart rate monitor. I'd probably go with the smaller numbers though vs the really high ones.

also why slim fast? Just eat real food and drink water ;) And make sure you are eating enough calories to sustain your work outs and whatnot.

I do zumba classes 5-6 days a week and right now I weigh about 180 and eat around 1700 calories a day and I'm losing eating that much
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:19 PM on May. 21, 2013

• I would go with the lower number. I have a monitor I wear when I workout that helps me know what I am burning they can be pricey but so worth it. Eat a balanced diet and drink plenty of water is best.
    Anonymous

• I knew I wasn't burning over 400-500 cals... I just couldn't figure out why it was so much more accurate before I updated it... you'd think that it would've made it more accurate... anyway... the slim fast is basically just keeping me from over-eating for breakfast & lunch, since I tend to do that.. it keeps me at 200 cals for each meal, allows for 3 snacks, (which I try to keep it at 1 per day) & a 500 cal. dinner... all in all it's just an easier way for me to keep my cals down, w/out having to do as much counting... I cut out pop & kool-aid, & basically only drink water. Eat a slim fast bar for breakfast & lunch, skip 2 of the snacks, & usually my dinner is a little over 500 cals, then I allow one snack a day, so I'm less likely to binge, like I have in the past...
    HappyEndings

Comment by HappyEndings (original poster) at 12:56 PM on May. 21, 2013

• not to mention the fact that the chocolate chip cookie dough meal bars are a way for me to indulge in chocolate w/out feeling like I'm cheating.. hehehe.... yummy
    HappyEndings

Comment by HappyEndings (original poster) at 12:58 PM on May. 21, 2013