Nobody really excited about 3rd baby - have you experienced this?

We are - much to OUR delight - expecting our3rd child. We have a 5 year old and a 2 year old - and with each of their pregnancy announcements we had people hugging us, super excited, asking us a million questions, etc....

well, I know you can't really expect the same level of excitement the 3rd time round but this is ridiculous!
We've had texts saying "congrats", and a few FB friends saying congrats and good luck - which is fine - but I was expecting a bit more from our families!
We announced the news 2 weeks ago - and they were just so un-enthused! They have said congratulations, but no more has been said! Nobody even asked my specific due date!

Can we expect people to bother to come see our new baby when she/he is born??

How differently did people react to your 3rd/4th etc pregnancies and births than they did the 1st/2nd?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 21, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I didn't even care what others thought to even notice. It's my life & I was happy. So why care?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:34 AM on May. 21, 2013

• Yeah, who cares? Are you doing this for them or yourselves?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:40 AM on May. 21, 2013

• they congratulated you, do you want a parade or something? I mean it's not your first one, or even the 2nd...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:14 PM on May. 21, 2013

• what do you want them to do? Jump up and down for joy? Honestly who cares. saying congrats is enough.
    Anonymous

• I am wondering what you were looking for. They congratulated you and and told you good luck. That seems the appropriate response to me.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:39 PM on May. 21, 2013

• Yes, this happened to me, with our second child. Whit the first one, my husbands family was jumping to the ceiling from joy and excitement. When we announced our second pregnancy, my in laws said " Oh, cool." Don't worry what other people think
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:40 PM on May. 21, 2013

• I have 5 kids. With all of them I had people that were very excited for us, came and saw all of them in the hospital, brought gifts/meals, etc. But often the first gets the most excitement because it's the FIRST.

Answer by missanc at 12:43 PM on May. 21, 2013

• Well I don't know about your family but. The third is "Why are you having more".

Answer by louise2 at 1:02 PM on May. 21, 2013

• It's a special unique experience to you. To everyone else you're just another one having a baby. I miscarried, had a boy, then 7yrs later miscarried again, so with my 4th pregnancy I didn't want to tell anyone shit even though they all nagged about details. It's just gossip when they're not the ones with the complications so I was glad when people finally let me alone after she was born. Now I love that all the focus is on her and I'm left out of it. I want a third born eventually and am dreading everyone being up my ass about it like all the other times. I really don't think it would bother me if they let me alone! congrats to you! I hope you are not doing it for the attention! Both my sister in laws did and bitched the whole pregnancy about what they wanted and that nobody was kissing their ass. Don't ask your family why they're not excited unless you are prepared to hear things you might not want to.
    Anonymous

• I understand. The third is just as important and special as the 1st and 2nd, though...
    It's probably normal. I do think they will gain excitement as your due date approaches and as you begin to show a lot more. I wouldn't think anything about it... They will love the 3rd just as much as the first two, believe me. : )
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 1:48 PM on May. 21, 2013