If you're in the navy....Questions!!!

First of all, I'm 32, married and have two young children (11 months and 5 yrs old). I have navy vets in the family. I have a BA but am considering going back to school for perhaps nursing. I wont say I have "wasted" 10 years of my life, but I lost so much opportunity to do things while still young. Is it too late? Could I join the navy and study nursing? Or with my situation (two young children and a husband)....is it not worth it?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 12:46 PM on May. 21, 2013 in Military

• Idk, but here is a bump.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 1:53 PM on May. 21, 2013

• I'm not in the navy, but I am in nursing school and I would say at least half if not more than half of my class are in their thirties and have kids. It's totally possible to start now.
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 11:23 PM on May. 21, 2013

• I know there is an upper age limit in applying but I am not sure what it is. I am thinking 29 but I could be very wrong. Why not call a recruiter and ask that question. Then if he say you meat the age requirement go in and talk. I encourage you NOT to sign anything right away but to think at least 24 hours about it. GL
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:11 AM on May. 22, 2013

• You'd be better off just to go back to nursing school. If your in the Military you may be away from your kids for long periods of time (basic, etc) and/or end up having to drag them all over the country. It's defiantly NOT to late to go to back to school to be a nurse!!!
    Crafty.26

Answer by Crafty.26 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 2, 2013

• The age cut off for joining the Navy is 34. But you better be prepared to jump through some hoops. Go to the navy recruiter and talk to them. Good luck.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 1:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2013