couple b-day questions

Okay, my son will be 2 next month.... we just moved to a new area and dont know many people... his party will be more adults then kids... probably only 2-3 kids besides him...

we are spending a lot of money to get my 2 brothers here in GA from MD so they can be here on his bday.... so we are a little tight with money...

What are some good b-day ideas for a 2 year old? His first bday i did it huge even tho we were in a new area then and didnt know anyone at all...but this isnt the 1st bday so i am trying to cut costs a little....

also... what do you get a 2 year old that already has everything? seriously...no idea what to get him... we were thinking a potty, and some summer clothes, but i want some fun stuff too!!

any ideas?? thanx ladies

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Asked by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Is it warm where you are? Maybe you could have a bar-b-q in the park and the kids can run around. My son is also turning 2 and we are having the party at Chuck E Cheese. That way everything is taken care of and I don't have to worry about cleaning! As for a present, if he already has everything I don't know what to suggest. We'll probably end up gettin my son clothes, not sure what kind of toy.
    Anonymous

• petting zoo!! or get some entertainment to come over (like characters they like) we did a petting zoo for my sons 1st
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 4:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• For my daughter's 2nd bday we just had some friends over had a pinata and cake. Of course we barbecued so everyone ate and for games I had a little scavenger hunt for the kids. I drew pictures of what they needed to find and they all got prizes (the prize was a little dollar toy from the dollar store)
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 4:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• does anyone garden in your family? you could get him his own set of "tools" or his own personal lawnchair.. if you go to the beach, maybe some sand castle buckets ... maybe a new movie...has he gone to his first theater movie yet? maybe that as a treat.. for my sons 1st bday we are going to ask everyone to bring a book... he doesnt need much,
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2009