Homemade Fruit Snacks
2/3 cup fresh lemon juice or fresh orange juice (if you don’t like sour go with orange!)
2/3 cup frozen or fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries are all great.)
1 – 2 Tbs honey
5 Tbs gelatin (from grass fed cows… like this)
Looking for quality real food ingredients? Be sure to check out the Village Green Marketplace!
1. Pour juice and berries into a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until berries become tender and begin to soften.
2. Add honey and stir until completely incorporated. You will want the fruit to dissolve quite a bit until you have a compote.
3. Puree mixture using a immersion blender or small blender (my magic bullet works great for this!)
4. Let sit, off heat, for 5 – 10 minutes.
5. Whisk in gelatin, one tablespoon at a time. Whisk vigorously until completely incorporated, mixing the gelatin in very gradually to avoid lumps. (If you do get lumps, just run the mixture through your blender again or you can put it back on the heat to help dissolve the gelatin.)
6. Pour into a 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 glass dish. Refrigerate until set (30 minutes to an hour). Cut in small squares. (You could also use some cute molds like this and create awesome shapes. I’m not awesome like that… but you could be!)
Note: I like to keep these in my fridge (I love cold things!), but they do transport and keep nicely at room temperature.
Answer by Dardenella at 1:44 PM on May. 21, 2013
Answer by okmanders at 1:46 PM on May. 21, 2013
Answer by ABeaverhausen at 4:11 PM on May. 21, 2013
Answer by Ballad at 4:19 PM on May. 21, 2013
Next question overall
(Politics & Current Events)
How many people were actually killed in the tornado?